Sansui 9090 Receivers

4.96/5 (23 Reviews) MSRP : $750.00

Submitted by Nick M a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 14, 2015

Bottom Line:
I bought mine appx 1 year ago, very much second hand. Serviced, but not restored. Has GOBS of power with my Klipsch Heresy 3 speakers. Very warm sound, GREAT low end and high end. I think it may color the sound a bit, but I prefer the sound to any of my other gear.

Submitted by Tracy a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 8, 2012

Bottom Line:
I have a Sansui 9090 db that I've had since the1980's. It works great. But, I already have modern systems (Dolby 7.1) in my home. Anyone interested in buying one of these awesome receivers, shoot me an email.

tdhayes1@adelphia.net

Submitted by dbx820 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 6, 2011

Bottom Line:
I picked up a very minty 9090 on Craigslist. This is a fantastic receiver. Warm and very powerful. I love the lights and the analog power meters. I have this in my man cave hooked up to some vintage JBL's and the sound is far superior to the the Parasound setup in my house. I would use this as a primary receiver in my house if it only had a remote volume control. I am in heaven in my man cave with a good cigar and whatever genre of music I desire to play from either my iPod or Onkyo SACD player. If you come across one--get it! You will not be disappointed and--hopefully like me--rediscover the nuances of music once again!

Submitted by jdtravel a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 19, 2010

Bottom Line:
MY SANSUI 9090 HAS A CRACKLING SOUND NOW. ANY SUGGESTIONS WHAT TO DO? MY EMAIL IS JDTRAVEL@GMAIL.COM.

Submitted by karister99 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 15, 2010

Bottom Line:
This Sansui 9090db is a beast of a receiver from circa 77-79. This unit is a very high quality receiver born from the height of the receiver power war in the late 70's. These are very well built heavy awesome vintage, and they don't make anything like this anymore. This is a monster of a receiver with great warm sound to it, can handle anything you throw at them with ease. I love the old school analog VU meters and the well lited faceplate. If you ever come across anything in good condition, jump on it as it's hard to find these in good condition due to their age.

Sanus: