ROTEL RX-1050 Receivers

Stereo Receiver with remote control

Submitted by Kiza a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: July 23, 2009

Bottom Line:
Rotel RX-1050 is by far best sounding receiver in range of $800-$2000..

Product model year:   2007

Submitted by Fascinatinrythym a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: October 17, 2006

Bottom Line:

From 1983 to 2003 I was using an old Technics receiver that I thought, well.... sounded pretty good. It had everything I needed, including a phono pre-amp.

In late 2002, however, I began considering upgrading to a more powerful receiver or amp. I looked at the Marantz high current amp as well as the Harmon Kardon. But deep, deep down something told me to hold out for the more expensive Rotel. Boy, am I glad I did! Just like the salesman promised, I heard things come out of my little bookshelf speakers that I did not even realize were there! It simply has to be heard to be believed.

But it gets better. When you hook this receiver up to your television, chances are it will sound far better than most people’s home theater set up.

Lastly, Rotel is company that both designs their products well and stands by their customers after the purchase. In this day and age, that says a lot..

I can honestly say as of right now, it’s the single best piece of equipment I own. I use it every day, either for music or television audio.

As of right now, the conventional wisdom is that there are only five good audio receivers out there, and this is one of them. Highly recommended!

My current set consists of:

-Project Xpression Mark II turntable with Sumiko Oyster and Audioquest King Cobra cables

-Marantz Special Edition CC-65SE CD changer

-Nakamichi BX1 cassette deck

-Two way bookshelf GNP speakers on Target stands

Purchased At:   Access to Music, San

Submitted by glenn eacker a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 28, 2006

Bottom Line:
I bought this unit from a previous owner who used it very little in the first couple years after buying it. It was, and is, like new. I could not be happier with this stereo receiver. It is extremely powerful with a huge soundstage. Great volume is possible without a hint of distortion. No dedicated sub out, and few "bells & whistles" because all the value placed in this unit by Rotel went for quality electronics instead. You CAN attach a subwoofer. The method will depend on the sub itself. The RX-1050 is very uncomplicated to use with an excellent manual.

Purchased At:   previous owner

Submitted by sams a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: April 7, 2005

Bottom Line:
I am very impressed with this unit. It plays exceptional midrange and highs at this price point. I have it in a bedroom system with B&W 601 speakers and it sounds very nice. I once swapped it with my other tuner in a $40,000 system (cyrus cd + tuner, graaf 13.5b preamp, graaf gm200 amp, sonus faber guarneri speakers, kimber select black pearl silver wires) and it sounded fantastic as a tuner using the preout. This was surprising given that the other tuner was much more expensive. Hats off to rotel.

Purchased At:   Filtronique

Submitted by Newman a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 24, 2003

Bottom Line:
This is a great receiver...period! I purchased the RX-1050 approximately 3 months ago and I must say that I am very satisfied with this product. What I like about this receiver is that it does not come with "bells and whistles" but delivers a very smooth, warm and detailed sound. I am no Audiophile by any stretch but in my opinion (for whatever that's worth) Rotel delivers a tremendous bang for you buck with this well packaged 2x100 per channel receiver. If your like me and you don't want to break the bank for separates, and would like a unit that delivers - the Rotel is a great choice. Also, I like the units detachable power cord which allows you to upgrade.

Purchased At:   used at AudioGon