Marantz SR7500 Receivers

• Pure Direct mode
  • Video off mode

Submitted by Richard garofalo a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: May 4, 2015

Bottom Line:
I have a Marantz av SR 7500 receiver. I just wanted to ask a question I bought this 3 years ago from a very well known Music Company in Syracuse New York. everybody loves my receiver however I'm not the electronic aficionado as most people would be. I paid $600 for this receiver. A lot of people are very jealous and the price that I paid for this. It's an awesome receiver however I need some help when I turn the volume 2 around - 25 db the receiver automatically goes into protect mode. right now I'm using the Klipsch quintet speakers for this. has great sound but I feel as though these are not paired correctly any recommendations for the pairing of the receiver with speakers

Submitted by Glenn a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 28, 2014

Bottom Line:
I purchased the SR7500 Maranz receiver in 2005, this is one of the best purchases I have ever made. This receiver is absolutley awesome, I have not had one ounce of trouble with it since I bought it. The sound is just as crisp as it was when I first bought it. As far as Im concerned, because of this product, Maranz receivers are tops. Im 63 years old and have been a big audio buff since I was 20, believe me, you can't go wrong with this receiver.

Submitted by wwambulance a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 13, 2008

Bottom Line:
My previous amp was a Yamaha rv905. I initially started looking for new amp after purchasing a used set of Def Tech speakers as my receiver would cut out in surround sound mode. It turns out that it was just a bad center channel, but decided to upgrade anyway. I found a two year old Marantz SR7500 on craigslist, and purchased it for $120 (steal!). Since I thought my receiver was pretty high end, I was pretty skeptical that newer/better receiver would actually make a difference in sound. Boy was I wrong! Music comes alive with this new receiver! If you every find the opportunity, especially at the price I did, buy it!

Purchased At:   Craigslist

Submitted by SiKniSS a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 16, 2007

Bottom Line:
now that i've had a few days to review my new reciever i can say....
this Marantz sr7500 is the bombsmack.

after the MRAC ( marantz room calibration) mic. was setup it took about 30 seconds of test tones to get my room setup correctly and completely flat response on its built in eq network.
very musical reciever, it took what my onkyo 503 was doing and somehow gave it life.
i am extremely happy with it's clartity, hearing parts of movies and songs i've never had the privilege of before. almost a VIP ticket to everything the recording artist intended.
the surrounds are more lively and full sounding.
the power is more than any one house should have.
the sub sounds more flat and extended.
frequency response and tonal quality is spot-on with a warmth that makes you smile while listening to music.
and speaking of music, the soundstage has opened up, higher and wider with a good bit more depth than the onkyo. now that may be the reciever or the new marantz dv4600 dvd player, one of them deserves a pat on the back.
i've listened to more music this weekend than in these last couple months and i'm sure it's a direct result of the marantz sr7500...

after the reciever has burned in and has had a few months of time under it's belt , i will review again but for now it has to be the biggest amplification bargain out there.

Purchased At:   accessories4less.com

Submitted by SiKniSS a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 16, 2007

Bottom Line:
now that i've had a few days to review my new reciever i can say....
this Marantz sr7500 is the bombsmack.

the surrounds are more lively and full sounding.
the power is more than any one house should have.
the sub sounds more flat and extended.

Purchased At:   accessories4less.com