Superphon Revelation plus Preamplifiers

4.42/5 (12 Reviews)

inexpensive, good sounding preamp (even by today's standards)

Submitted by skipnie a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 7, 2012

Bottom Line:
Blackgate caps substitution- - who is Michael Percy? Please send contact information or possible alternative to Blackgate which I understand are prohibitive price-wise. Also, the volume/balance pots any one changed these and has experience and information to share?

Thanks.

Submitted by Joseph tang a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 9, 2006

Bottom Line:
Joseph Tang to lars.tomasson

I am looking for the schematics for my 20 some years old Superphon Revelation Basic Pre-amp.
This amp is definitly better sounding than my ARC SP-7 Modified. However, when I had the internal wiring
changed to CADAS . I reversed the +/- Power and burned one channel of the Phone Section's transistors
(blew 3-4 transistors). Any idea to look for the Phone Section Schematic, I have the Line Section Schmatic.
Plaese email me joseph.k.tang@gmail.com if this can help.

Purchased At:   Toronto

Submitted by jwsb a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: April 12, 2004

Bottom Line:
Tried this for kicks. Good performer(given the price and diminuitive looks) One of the better SS Preamps I've tried. Sounds like a hi-end preamp. I do agree with one of the reviews "lean bass" I was hoping to get some feedback on how much I should buy this for.

Purchased At:   Sensible Audio

Submitted by Granger a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 16, 2003

Bottom Line:
Bought this new back about 1993. I have a Revelation II with a single volume control. I listened to many preamps when I purchased it including Cary, B&K pro, Adcom and some others. I found the phono stage superior to anything I heard. Its still works like the day I bought it. Very clean and natural. Only problem for me is that there are not enough step levels in the volume control at low levels. Thinking about buying a new preamp but may continue to use this as a phono preamp.

Submitted by LarsTomasson a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: April 29, 2002

Bottom Line:
This is for the Superphon Revalation II. Good sounding pre-amp with phono stage. For the price it can't be beat. If anyone has schematics, or knows the pot adjustment procedure for let me know at lars.tomasson@att.net

Purchased At:   second hand