NAD PP-1 Phono Pre-Amp Preamplifiers

3.8/5 (15 Reviews) MSRP : $129.00

Submitted by amccullough a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 6, 2004

Bottom Line:
I was content with this pre amp, but it only lasted about a year before one of the channels went bad.

Purchased At:   Can't remember

Submitted by Ron C a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 29, 2003

Bottom Line:
I also use the NAD PP 1 and i realy don`t think it sounds to bad at all. Fot the price there asking for it you can`t go wrong.
My system is Anthem TLP-1 pre amp Anthem MCA 2 Poweramp NAD PP 1 phono stage Denon DP 60 L turntable Benz Micro MC20E2 MC cartrage Arcam CD 72 CD player. I think its all in the Cartrage your useing use a hi out put MC cartrage and the Nad PP1 will sound much better.

Submitted by vgind a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 1, 2002

Bottom Line:
A decent piece of equipment especially for the low price. Works best by being not grounded. No hum, no hiss, no hassle. Sound is in the good to very good category, not in the excellent range. I have it hooked up to a NAD 118 to transfer old vinyl to minidisc. WOrks out just fine

Submitted by vgind a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 1, 2002

Submitted by neverland a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: April 19, 2002

Bottom Line:
I am not too happy with the NAD PP-1 phono pre amp. The reason? I just don't like the sound... The rest of my set is much better (more open, more detailed) and the NAD is just the weakest link.

I bought it at the time, because I renewed everything at once and I ran out of my budget... the NAD was about the only thing I could afford at that time.

It will certainly be replaced as soon as I can...

But...

meanwhile I still listen to it; at it is not completely bad... so if you are just a casual LP listener, this will be perfect for you. But don't expect heaven from your TurnTable with this baby.

Purchased At:   Ghijsens Hasselt