Carver Audio CT-25.1 Preamplifiers

2.33/5 (3 Reviews) MSRP : $600.00

this is carver ct-25.1 sale

Submitted by Ed Lowe a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 9, 1999

Bottom Line:
I bought a Carver CT 25.1 to compliment my AV-705. I used 2 different brands of DVD Players with the built in Dolby Digital Decoder. So far Panasonic A-310 performs better. Although it is Dolby Digital Ready, Its pretty crappy for a product having the Carver name on it.After using it a few months,I heard a fire craker type explosion in side my CT 25.1, curious what it was, I also noticed a dent on the chasis. It turned out to be a capacitor that had shorted out. I sent it to the factory. It took them 3 months to return it. After that the Company shut down!!! They also quit selling their DD 5.1 Decoder.

Submitted by Angelic a

Date Reviewed: May 20, 1999

Bottom Line:
this is carver ct-25.1 sale : Carver
Model: CT-25.1
Number of Reviews:
Average Rating:

Submitted by Dan C. a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 14, 1999

Bottom Line:
I bought this unit as a refurb from the Carver website, and have loved it. I've been upgrading from stereo to home theater, and just added my fifth (center) speaker last night. I shouldn't have bothered with the rear surround speakers before getting a center channel speaker; it makes much more impact. As this unit has DPL but not DD decoding, I've picked up an external DD decoder, as this preamp is 'DD-ready' -- what a mass of cables I'm going to have behind my rack once I finally buy a DVD player! I did have a ground loop problem when I hooked this system up initially, but adding one of those Radio Shack isolators on the interconnect between the VCR & preamps solved that.

TARA LABS: