Yamaha CA-1000 Integrated Amplifiers

4.71/5 (7 Reviews) MSRP : $600.00

Switchable class Ab-A High End integrated amp

Submitted by darkomatic a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: October 31, 2008

Bottom Line:
I recently bought CA-1000 partially thanks to this forum, for 250 dollars. It has its own sound character-rather bright than natural, fluid and delightful. In class A works significantly better (for classical and vocal-oriented music).

Submitted by skate a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 11, 2002

Bottom Line:
I picked up my CA-1000 amplifier, along with a matching CT-800 tuner and a pair of the original Henry Kloss Larger Advent speakers at a garage sale to replace my fathers pioneer amp that was on loan to me. I obtained the whole package for a mere $50 (the best $50 I ever spent)and later aquired a pair of Tannoy Stratfords, which are also hooked up. When I brought it home I hooked it up and it sounded absolutely beautiful. With this amazing setup in my bedroom, I'll never feel the need to buy some crappy boombox-ugly-ass, pitiful sounding portable stereo like oh so many of my friends have. Although I'm presently 18, since I started getting into older stereos and consequently modern high-end stereo equipment at age 16, I feel as though I've learned an incredible amount, and I'm anxious to learn more. But more on the amp. When paired with my Advents, it has very precise treble, a little cold at times but overall very detailed. Excellent mid-range and outstandingly deep, solid bass. It does run a little hot in class A, but I usually run it in class B due to the fact that it doesn't sound all that different. I love all the switches and knobs, easy to use and very distracting while attempting homework nearby. Also, my favourite feature would have to be the ability to power 3 pairs of speakers; very useful. On top of all of this, it looks so good with all that brushed aluminum and 70's wood; tight!

Purchased At:   garage sale

Submitted by Ian Rivlin a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: March 30, 2002

Bottom Line:
I bought my Yamaha CA-1000 in about 1976, when I lived in Leeds, England. At the time, I did extensive listening and testing, with a variety of equipment. Easily, the Yamaha was the best. I still own it but don't use it much as I have gone across to a Leak tube amp (Since I am using Klipsch horn speakers, which don't require much driving. The Yamaha gives a sound very similar to a tube amp - maybe a fraction more analytical than the Leak and a fraction less "mellow". There is, nevertheless, no listening fatigue - which is more than I can say for a mass of modern amplifiers. This amp cost 400 pounds in about 1976/1977 (I can't remembe!). It was ahuge amount then but well worth it.

Purchased At:   Leeds 1976

Submitted by beaudin ghislain a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 3, 2002

Bottom Line:
i would like information on a ca-1010 intégrated amplifier and tuner
ct-1010 i paid 150.00 and i know nothing about their quality and history except the price
they were sold in 1977 to 1979.
i would appreciate to have some info about these machines which i think they are fantastic.

Purchased At:   montréal

Submitted by Marc Woudstra a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 5, 2000

Bottom Line:
Listen to it and that is all you need.

Purchased At:   1987