Unison Research S 6
Description: Output stage: single ended parallel, ultralinear pure class A Output power: approx. 35 watts per channel Output impedance: 4 and 8 Ohms

Submitted by Nkou a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 9, 2005

Bottom Line:
Soundstaging improved over my SS amp. musical but harsh sound with EHx tube. Huge improvement when using telefunken 802s (12au7): detailed mid-range, highs are sweet and smooth.
Drawback : bad, bad support.My dealer never get transfo output replacement after 8 months phone calls and mails.So I got S6 demo replacing my S6 but with no remote. The dealer ordered a remote since july 2004. Until now nothing came from Unison. If you buy an Unison product pray to not needing their support at all.

Purchased At:   Belgium

Submitted by Carl a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: September 16, 2003

Bottom Line:
It's been now 9 month that I have purchased my S6 Unison Reaserch of which I am very satisfied. Great warm sound, very musical (no harshness at all),very good reserve of energy and very detailed as well. This unit deserves good smooth source, interconnect and power cord. If wished, bass can easily be increased by replacing the poor Electro Harmonix by Ei 6CA7/EL34 big bottle or Sveltana's and good 5814.
An outstanding choice for voices and jazz.
I highly recommend it.

Purchased At:   Belgium - Brussels

Submitted by lafish a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: January 21, 2003

Bottom Line:
Just sold the amplifier and feel a little bit regret when I am reviewing with the buyer. Staging is excellent where I can feel the positioning of the vocal and instruement. Very musical as I never feel on harsh sound. Very punchy when pairing with my ProAc T2000s speaker on stands. However, I do have a complain, the bass, it is not as clear as solidstate amp produces. Resolution is losing a bit. Otherwise, it is a fairy good choice for tube guys to play.....S6 is UR int amp flagship in my heart......coz I dont really like the sound from 845, tube model used by their real flagship S845

Purchased At:   Sold to audiophile

Submitted by Ertugrul a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: January 14, 2003

Bottom Line:
This was my first experience whit tube Ampliefiers.I will never again go back to transistors again.For the price it is a exellent product.A friend of me ho listend to the Unisonresearch S 6 at my home sold his pre power combination Marklevinson (very expensief model 7x) he was depresd how good for that money the S 6 is.Strongly recomended!

Purchased At:   Amsterdam

Submitted by eastjoe a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 2, 2002

Bottom Line:
It is a delicate amp and the state of art.
My loudspeakers are Harbeth M'40. They are
really good in concerto and soprano's aria. But it's a lttle loose at heavy metal. I think that it does not matter. Because I turn the sound switch over 1200.

Purchased At:   Ya-San Stereo