Technics Technics SU V450 Integrated Amplifiers

0.007% Intermodulation distortion.
Weight 6.9 kg Size 430 x 126 x 311 mm

Submitted by JerryFn a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 3, 2007

Bottom Line:
I have used this amp for six months now and have been very impressed by it’s performance. I bought it to replace my old Quad 303 33 combo, when I customised a piece of furniture.
After an hour the capacitors charged up and wow, it was as sweet and powerful as the old Quad 33. Without any of the dodgy connections or the wobbly circuit boards either.
I run a load of stuff through it, Technics SL-PS700 CD to the CD, My Topfield PVR is connected to the TUNER tab, the Panny DVD recorder to the AUX, the old Video to the Tape 1 and the TV to Tape 2. (All joined with home cooked interconnects using triple screened cables from Maplin and Gold Phono’s all nicely encapsulated with resin.)
For absolute clarity the CD can be sourced directly and there are Tone defeats that bypass that stage too.
The electronics’ use a type of Current drive, that charges up after about 3 seconds, it also acts as a protection circuit. This I think was a precursor to Technics ‘Virtual Battery’. Built in Japan, the components are all ‘Technics’ and the Caps are excellent.
The power of this amp will deliver just about anything you want without any risk of clipping. I have not moved the volume above 4 or 5 for fear of risking my speakers.
Totally without hum, switch noises, or any crackles anywhere it just delivers everything from the source.
I play a lot of ‘Michael Brook and the deep resonant Bass is wonderful. I also play Nils Petter Molver, “Kmer’, track 2. Try it. Turn up the volume and WOW. The imaging is excellent and precise.

Purchased At:   Ebay.co.uk