Roksan Kandy MKIII Integrated Amplifiers

4.13/5 (8 Reviews) MSRP : $999.00

115W x 2 into 8 ohms, 220W x 2 into 4 ohms, damping factor 110, 38dB gain, 5 line level inputs, moving magnet phono input, tape loop, headphone jack, remote control.

Submitted by Chris a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 7, 2017

Bottom Line:
The first review I read gave this incredible amp one star , I can't even begin to figure out why.
Perhaps it was conducted out of phase of not plugged in.
My view in this amp I that it has an incredible detailed sound that exaggerates nothing and takes nothing away . If you feed it with a good recording it can't fail to make you smile.
It's a superb and beautifully built piece of audiophile equipment . I purchased mine from eBay for £300 and have not the slightest regret. These are fairly old now but you will love the sound, if you see one at a good price just buy it and fall in love again .

Product model year:   2007

Submitted by Leigh a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: January 30, 2017

Bottom Line:
You know sometimes you buy an amp, and realise it really is NOT going to do the job?

Yeah... that was me. I had the Kandy III CD Player - and loved it. A great piece of kit. So when a Kandy III amp came up, I jumped at the chance. It arrived, I hooked it up to some Troels Gravesen TJL 3w speakers and...

Damn.

It is a far from fatigue-free listening experience.

Best described as a "nasty squeaky piece of crap" by a fellow sufferer. To get the best out of this amp, I'd match it with some laid-back speakers, Ruark for instance.

Product model year:   2009

Submitted by James Bond a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 20, 2015

Bottom Line:
This is a stunning product !! Power and finesse with a smooth overall presentation. For example my a bit weak Naim could not drive my pair of PMC DB1+. I was so disspointed with the result that I nearly was selling the speakers. Then a blind purchase: the Roksan Kandy Mk III. Wow !! The speakers are living. Soundstage and powerful sound without any harshness. I am now a PMC fan so you can imagine how good the amp must be. Did not try the phono section but a german review attests them an above average performance. Not surprising becaus Roksan achieved their breakthrough in the analog world with their turntables and phono pres.

Product model year:   2007

Submitted by bitfield a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 4, 2009

Bottom Line:
This amp is accurate, dynamic and very detailed without being bright. Power is available at any moment, the bass is tight, and the mid is pleasant. Sound stage is about laid back (but may be it is more the nature of my speakers). Didn't find anything better at this price level.

Submitted by redd1 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: May 24, 2009

Bottom Line:
I bought the K-1 MKIII about six months ago. On the used market for under $600 with the right equipment synergy you'd be hard pressed to beat the sound. With clean electric coming in and decent associated equipment this amp will not disappoint. It is fast, dynamic, with good prat, detail and extension on both ends. Late at night with good clean power this unit sounds very good. Only issue I have is the original remote didn't come with it and my Logitech Harmony doesn't always work. Does not affect the sound though. Does sound better being left on 24/7.

Strengths: Power, good finese, dynamics and top to bottom coherrency.

Weakness: Remote issues only on my unit.