Rega Mira Integrated Amplifiers

4.35/5 (20 Reviews) MSRP : $895.00

a high performance audio amplifier using the Improved “type 3” Rega Alpha-Encoder control system comprising of high quality loss-less relays, plus a digitally controlled analog switched resistor network volume control. The Mira 3 is housed in the Rega custom-built extruded aluminium case incorporating a high thermal efficiency heat sink.
  • can be used as a Pre Amplifier or a Power Amplifier and in AV Systems.
  • Power: 61 Watts @ 8 Ohms

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by Marc delaPole a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 25, 2007

Bottom Line:
    I purchased this for a smaller bedroom system to be used with the Apollo and Sonus Faber Electras. It's a very nice piece of gear, very neutral and melodic... just like it should be. The tone is great and transparency is good.

Purchased At:   Galen Carol

Submitted by stereoguy a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 3, 2006

Bottom Line:
    This unit is the Mira 3 latest version which removes the "link switch" which Rega claimed to help the performance. I understnad this was something "tweakers" were already doing to the unit to make it sound better. As the previous reviewer states the unit is good performance all around and value. Like him I found the preamp gain a little low (11.5 is the factory setting), especially on phono. I raised mine to 15, it is easy to do just ask your dealer or Rega how to do it. The amp has pretty good build in a sturdy case and some heft when you pick it up, but the plastic panels and knob remind you it is afterall a lower priced amplifier. However a stepped resistor volume control, ample power supply and good onboard phono stage all included let you know where the money went. Mate this Amp with the Apollo cd player and what a combination- detail, rthym, soundstage all top notch while remaining musically involving. Exciting but not over bright either. Very easy to use via the remote. You could spend way more and not do as good. This latest Mira with the new Apollo have a real synergy, listen to them together. With the wrong source the Mira does not show all its potential. I have used alot of gear, some pricier, some exotic (tubes), but the Rega does some things better than anything. Now I know what the Rega gear sounds like in tandem. In comparisonto other designs it is no better or worse really, just completely worthy on its own terms. I also keep a Sugden A21 for seasonal use, which gives a sweeter sound but lacks the excitement of the Rega. Both are good in their own way.

Purchased At:   audiowaves

Submitted by Gino Lavoie a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: September 21, 2004

Bottom Line:
    I bought my Rega Mira integrated amplifier in 2001. I paid it 800,00$ CDN. I have the 1999 model which looks like a BBQ. I listened and compared the Mira with some amps in the same price category as Arcam and NAD. When I listened the Mira for the first time, I knew it was the right amplifier for me. It sounded warm, soft and dynamic. While I was listening Buddy Holly "Reminising", I felt a strong emotion and I said to myself "What a fabulous amp is".
    The treble is soft and clear. Medium is warm and realistic. Bass is enjoyable and warm also. It is build like a tank with its aluminium frame. It has a good MM preamp for my Rega P25 turntable. I like the remote control. It is a good match for analytical and detailed sources with neutral speakers. Unfortunately, it doesn't have a headphone socket. Lastly, it emits a lot of heat, in this case you should use a fan next to it! In sum, it's a musical amplifier which meets the competition for the musical performance.

Purchased At:   Studio 1006 Montreal

Submitted by binoymehra a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 6, 2004

Bottom Line:
    I have got the new Rega Mira 3. What a amp this is . Very musical , brings out plenty of details from my ordinary budget Sony DVD player. This amp is less talked , not much in publicity war like that being adopted by NAD , Roksan ,etc.I upgraded from NAD C320BEE, a good budget amp but sound was not detailed and refined and you miss the emotion s of singer.
    Heard many amps in my quest for good sound , like NAD C370, NAD C372,Roksan Kandy KA MkIII, Cayin TA-30 tube amp etc . The amp has got a nice built.

Submitted by rainchild a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: September 22, 2003

Bottom Line:
    Mine is a 2000 version. This is a very good amp for the price especially used.
    Good refinement, almost grain free. When I use it to drive a pair of Hales Revelation2 which are 86db with 6 ohm load and it gives satisfying results, although kind of underpowered in the bass region, it is very different from other amp with similar power that will give you a very loud, noisy, harsh mid and highs with bass missing when play loud. The Mira still sounds contained with pretty flat response but I got to turn the knob to atleast 11 o'clock to have decent volume. I read about the Mira3 and in the owner's manuel it mentioned that the Mira3 has got 3 levels of gain adjustment function.Factory setting is level 2(11.5 db). I wonder if the 2000 has got this function. If any of you has an owner's manuel of the 2000 can you please check it out? If the factory setting is 11.5 db, I don't think that this amp can play fairly loud even at 9 o'clock(unless it's set to level 3 which is 15db). Atleast not in my case. Afterall this is a very good amp for the money and it beats some integrated amps that I'd owned which are costing much higher. I have not tried the phono yet but the CD department is doing a great job. I kind of disagree with some that this amp has got this in-your-face imaging, I think the soundstaging and imaging of the music determined more by the speakers you use than the amp itself.
    To me this amp is quite neutral and precise in these areas.

Purchased At:   Private Owner

Vandersteen 1C with Rega Mira?

Hi everybody! Greetings to all you out there. Got a question: has anyone ever used the Rega Mira with either the Vandersteen 1C or 2CE Signatures? How did these sound to you? I like Vandersteen and heard it with Arcam and NAD. It was very different sounding just like the amps are.Read More »

Premier Mounts: