Neuhaus Laboratories T-2 Integrated Amplifiers

2.89/5 (9 Reviews) MSRP : $795.00

Vacuum Tube based Push Pull 2 channel integrated amplifier. Amp has built in DAC with USB and Optical (SPDIF/Toslink) inputs and 3 analog RCA inputs. Amp can be plugged in directly to a PC/MAC plug and play. Play audio songs in a true tube amp fashion, bring like to flat digital music.

Submitted by Sam Theaker a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: April 1, 2017

Bottom Line:
I would caution those who might want to add this amp to their mix. There is no way to contact the company, he/she/they do not respond to emails. Not at all! I gave up after a dozen attempts over a few months; I simply wanted to purchase a set of tubes (just for backup in case one went on the fritz). On the plus side, I used the amp for over two years, liked the sound, and it was trouble-free. Then, when connecting different speakers, which I do often, something came undone inside, I could not tighten the nut, and it was off to a friend's to have it fixed. I was told, THIS IS NOT A TUBE AMP. The tubes are for show and are simply for the preamp. The amp itself is solid state. How about that? Live and learn. The problem with my connection was a plastic nut inside had broken. Good luck finding the right one; the fix was to glue it back together and treat it gingerly. In summation, this is a perfect case of buyer beware. Technical support from the manufacturer is nonexistent, as are any parts that might be needed. As long as it works, you'll have an aesthetically pleasing, nice sounding, simple to use amp that converts computer files to analog, no need for a DAC, and you can hook up a turntable (you'll need a little pre-amp gizmo if your table does not have a pre-amp built in to get the necessary signal to the cartridge), and a tape player. If it needs repair, you could face problems since parts may be singular to this amp. The tubes are Chinese, one of the three types I was fortunate to find someone knowledgable who knew what the correct substitute would be. Hope this helps.

Submitted by K Bennett a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: August 24, 2016

Bottom Line:
Has anyone had contact with this company recently? I've had the T-1 amplifier for a few years, and it's been fabulous until it suddenly stopped working several weeks ago, out of the blue, for no apparent reason. I emailed the company via its only contact option (the contact page and form on its website), but have not received a response. No phone number or other means of contact is provided on the Neuhaus Laboratories website. Neuhaus, if you happen to read this, please respond to my second email, inquiring (again) how I can fix my no completely inoperative amplifier. Thank you.

Submitted by Craig a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 9, 2016

Bottom Line:
This is a killer product; bang for your buck best one on the market. I've had zero issues with it and it sounds fabulous with both digital and vinyl music.

I'm actually buying another for my store to power/ listen to music.

Product model year:   2009

Submitted by Ken a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 10, 2013

Bottom Line:
Bought a T-1 amp. It sounds great, however there was a problem with my unit. Contacted customer support and got the runaround. Now they just stopped returning my emails. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY! They do not support their product.

Submitted by Roger Inglis a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 17, 2012

Bottom Line:
Bought T2 several years ago. Recently added a CD transport via the toslink port.
Turned out the toslink port has intermittent issues.
Contacted owner and was informed replacement board would be sent.
Then remote volume control failed to increase volume.
So, I contacted Neuhaus again.
Guess I pissed off the owner and now he won't respond to my emails and toslink replacement board has NOT arrived as promised.
The volume control was just jammed and a few twists freed it up.
The amp is great, when working. The costumer service couldn't be worse.
The passive aggressive behavior is unacceptable.
I would recommend that those considering this company's products look else were!
Producing a good amp is a good start, but standing behind it is how a company earns a good name. Guess they don't want to earn a good rep!
May I suggest a name changes? Mud comes to mind.

Product model year:   2009