Neuhaus Laboratories T-2 Integrated Amplifiers

3.17/5 (6 Reviews) MSRP : $795.00

Vacuum Tube based Push Pull 2 channel integrated amplifier. Amp has built in DAC with USB and Optical (SPDIF/Toslink) inputs and 3 analog RCA inputs. Amp can be plugged in directly to a PC/MAC plug and play. Play audio songs in a true tube amp fashion, bring like to flat digital music.

Submitted by Ken a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 10, 2013

Bottom Line:
Bought a T-1 amp. It sounds great, however there was a problem with my unit. Contacted customer support and got the runaround. Now they just stopped returning my emails. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY! They do not support their product.

Submitted by Roger Inglis a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 17, 2012

Bottom Line:
Bought T2 several years ago. Recently added a CD transport via the toslink port.
Turned out the toslink port has intermittent issues.
Contacted owner and was informed replacement board would be sent.
Then remote volume control failed to increase volume.
So, I contacted Neuhaus again.
Guess I pissed off the owner and now he won't respond to my emails and toslink replacement board has NOT arrived as promised.
The volume control was just jammed and a few twists freed it up.
The amp is great, when working. The costumer service couldn't be worse.
The passive aggressive behavior is unacceptable.
I would recommend that those considering this company's products look else were!
Producing a good amp is a good start, but standing behind it is how a company earns a good name. Guess they don't want to earn a good rep!
May I suggest a name changes? Mud comes to mind.

Product model year:   2009

Submitted by VirtualSound a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 19, 2011

Bottom Line:
Purchased my T-2 about 6 months ago and have been very happy with the amp. I have it set-up with Silverline bookshelf speakers that I got from Neuhaus' website also. The combination of being able to stream music via Apple Airport Express and still get great tube sound is awesome. Mids and highs really sing and I get decent lower end despite usually bookshelf speakers. Feed the amp with some quality music files and pumps out a full, warm sound with great detail.

Also, just to comment on customer service. I broke one of the preamp tube's prongs when replacing it after cleaning and Neuhaus sent me a new one within a few days at no cost. It was a pleasant surprise to have my amp back up and running so quickly and I really appreciated the great customer care.

Submitted by Michael a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 31, 2010

Bottom Line:
This is my humble review of the Neuhaus T-2 Integrated Amp.

The Good:

1. Solid selection of inputs including USB and optical.

2. Reasonable price for what you get.

3. Solid enthusiast sound quality - not a hardcore audiophile product.

4. Overall design, small footprint

5. Good instruction manual with pictures.

The Bad:

1. My unit has an LED light upfront that goes on and off at will.

2. My unit makes various popping and high pitch sounds randonmly. I have tested in on multiple sources, multiple input, with/without clean power, via various RCA/Optical cables, etc. This is a quality issue that cant be forgivin on my particular unit. As I said, the unit sounds good when it works.

3. Although the design looks great, it seems like its a copy of the PrimaLuna DiaLogue. The two look almost identical.

4. The remote only offers volume control and is very cleaply made.

5. Terrible headphone output specs...terrible.

Overall, the unit has promise but it seems that the t-2 may suffer from intermittant quality issues. I like the sound when it works but there is no garantee it will. This is a good choice for powering solid speakers and ties well to a computer via USB.

I dont know if I would by this again given the quality issues but without those issues, it is worth a look.

Submitted by jimmy page a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 20, 2009

Bottom Line:
Love this amp. I have a Rega Turntable and Dynavecter cartridge hooked up to his amp with a Rega phono preamp and this thing sounds fantastic. I originally bought this amp to hook up with my Apple macbook and listen to my digital music. It sounds great to. But there is nothing like vinyl. This amp gives me what I want great sound from records and great sounds from my thousand itunes songs. Using Definitive STS speakers purchased from the same web site. Sound great with built in powered subs.

Product model year:   2009