NAD C 300
Description: 25W x 2 into 8 ohms

Submitted by Jan a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 27, 2015

Bottom Line:
Bought this amp with the remote from a trustworthy electronics technician for a R1000 2nd hand (£49 or US$76) so my 5 stars for value might be a bit unfair. I've owned it nearly a month, at first I was a bit disappointed in it's sound. It did not have the bass I'd expected since I owned a 3020 Series 20 and a 3020i before, but one does not always want lots of bass. It certainly not worse than the 3020i but like all amplifiers each and every one has it's own character. The C300 is a very controlled and clean sounding amp since it uses output ICs intended for DC Motor Operation and is biased to run in Class A, it's built on MOSFETs right through. So it is most definitely built on the inside to last a lifetime, as long as you take care of it, it won't drop you. But like all NADs they have some mystical hypnotic effect on you, the longer you listen to it the more you like it. You cannot sum up the performance of this amp in a week's time. 25W/ch isn't much but after owning a 3020 you'll know at average listening volumes you don't even use 1W depending on what type of speakers you are using. The C300 is more than able to drive a various range of speakers from bookshelves to floor stands, it's certainly not scared of low impedance speakers. I throw all kinds of music against it, Paco De Lucia, Rachmaninov, Deep Purple, Earl Klugh, Cat Stevens, Neil Young, Willie Nelson, Norah Jones, Joe Satriani, Slade, BB King, Dire Straits and it seems to keep up. Although I would argue that it doesn't deserve an overall 5 stars rating, I'd still give it a 4. If you're looking for a clean sounding amp for clean music, tough as nails, look no futher than a NAD C300. The only negative things I can say against it is, I would've loved a power button on the remote, a speaker A+B selector and a built-in phono amp. It can take a turntable, but it would require a RIAA phono amplifier to boost the signal as stated in it's user manual. On the positive side, volume control is servo-powered when using the remote, input connectors are gold-plated, and banana plugs compatibility makes switching speakers much easier and is much safer than other cheap ways to lock speaker cables. I wouldn't mind having another C300 in my collection.

Submitted by Smith a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 22, 2003

Bottom Line:
This amp is just amazing. It is rated at 25W/Ch RMS, but that is an absolute joke. Before this I was using a Marantz PM 4200 and that was just to warm and didn't have the slam and bang that the NAD has.

Can't get anything else this good within the price range.

Spectacular!

For anyone out there who is starting off in the world of hifi, this would be the best jumping off point. Absolutely no regrets!

Purchased At:   a Hifi dealer

Submitted by fruktflugan a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 2, 2003

Bottom Line:
I had to upgrade my old Proton AM-1 because after 14 years of use it was getting more and more "quirky".
I've put a couple of acoustic and folk cds through the NAD and I cannot even comprehend that I've put up with my old amp for so long. The old Proton must have been broken all the time, that is the only logical explanation to why it sounded so bad in comparison to this NAD c300. :)

Clear, distinct sound and a good balance between treble and bass even with my old (Proton HP-400) speakers.

I've yet to put it through my reggae collection though. I am really looking forward to hear them records sound like new all over again.

I am very, VERY impressed. This sound for that price? I must be dreaming!

Purchased At:   Hifiklubben

Submitted by Andrewsound a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 11, 2002

Bottom Line:
The best amplifier that I have had: smooth, easy listening, superb and natural midband, 40 amperes of real power ... very, very much for too little money

Submitted by metal-micky a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 18, 2002

Bottom Line:
I bought the c300 as I had heard how good nad were in the "old days" and though it might be ok, Ok!!!! fabulous more like! It is warm and smooth without being dreary, handles all and any music from beethoven to beatles and does it all with ease and finesse, I have it connected to a philips cd723 and some wharfedale glendale xp2's, which i bought in 1980! and with decent interconnects it sounds like a million dollars to me.

Purchased At:   richer sounds