NAD 317 Integrated Amplifiers

3.97/5 (32 Reviews) MSRP : $749.00

80 Watt Integrated Amplifier - Remote Control

Submitted by derrick a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 18, 2011

Bottom Line:
I purchased this amp about 14 years ago,(brand new) and it has'nt given me any problems.there is a slight buzz in the left channel, but i can barely hear it. yes it's been there since new... I have a pair of energy c4s, and a rotel cd player hooked up to it every since I bought the amp. about 8 yrs ago I purchased the nad 214 power amp on ebay, and bridged them. their working perfectly! i'm very satisfied with my system, all I can say for the people that are experiencing problems is that the past owner may have abused the amp, or maybe mine was built on a wednesday.....

Submitted by Terry690 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 4, 2010

Bottom Line:
Hiss in left channel is real and a very common problem from brand new. Good sound and punch for the bottom end but this amplifier is fragile. It has been serviced twice for the same problem but never really fixed. It now sits on a shelf because nobody seems to be able to fix the problem. I have several NAD products and like the quality but the price is high. Other NAD amplifiers do not seem to have the problem the 317 has. I hope to get it fully repaired and back to work soon.

Submitted by Jardy a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 18, 2010

Bottom Line:
Very powerfull, but little bit too rough sound for my taste. Articulation mid and high frequensies is good, but this amplifier lacks some clarity in bass. I think this is very good amplifier for watching movies, but only semi good for enjoying music records.

Submitted by talldude777 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 27, 2009

Bottom Line:
Despite all of the bad fuss about the "buzz" in the left channel this unit produces, I decided to buy one from a local seller at a bargin price. After spending a few days with this NAD 317, all I can say is that I am totally impressed with this little powerhouse.

This unit is combined with an entry level NAD 522 CD player and pushes my Polk Audio SDA-2B's.

Very smooth, detailed sound with great bass response. This one is a keeper and for the price I paid it is a real bargin.

NAD and Polk seems to be a great budget combination for a regular guy like me who does not like to spend too much cash on his audio gear.

Submitted by jukeboxtheater a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: July 11, 2007

Bottom Line:
I've been using my NAD 317 integrated for over a year now and it has performed flawlessly. I must confess that I became alarmed after reading some of the negative reviews on this website, but I can only relate to my personal experience. The hum in the left channel, as indicated by other reviewers, is real. Actually, for my unit at least, "hum" is really too strong a word. I would call it a slight buzz that is only audible when my ear is less than an inch away from my left tweeter. And my speakers, Paradigm Studio 40's, aren't exactly known for their treble reticence. Hardly much of a nuisance... I agree with the reviewer who asserts that the "hum" originates in the pre-amplifier section, which can easily be demonstrated by following his instruction.

Other than that, the 317 is one terrific sounding integrated amp, very open and transparent with terrific bass. The power on tap is amazing and comparable to a good pre-amp/power amp combo. I even compared my amp to the much lauded NAD C320BEE, which I borrowed and inserted into my system after reading all the positive press. The C320 didn't really seem any more transparent to my ears, but the loss of power and bass control was obvious. For myself at least, it was no contest. I can only theorize that the problems associated with the NAD 317 have either been greatly exaggerated, or both good and bad units exist. Judging by the fact that the amp was only manufactured for a relatively short period, I personally believe the latter to be true.

Purchased At:   Audio Alternative