NAD 314 Integrated Amplifiers

4.53/5 (57 Reviews) MSRP : $400.00

35 Watt Integrated Amplifier (1996-1998)

Submitted by Pablo Céspedes a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 31, 2011

Bottom Line:
I live in the tropical rain forest of Costa Rica, I have a NAD 314 since 1997, everything from CD players to subwoofers have failed due to humidity over the years except my 314. So its a tough well built amp.
The look is not handsome, but the sound for its price is fantastic!
I listen from classical music to jazz and classic rock. I am not an audiophile but I can see that the best sound for this amp is Jazz or jazz rock, strong male voices or big philarmonics are not the best for this product even so it will perform decently. As I said for this price maybe this is the best you can buy if you want nice sound and reliability.

Submitted by kornerkoater a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 20, 2008

Bottom Line:
I sadly had some unexpected expenses which caused me to sell a prized integrated ROTEL amp. Once the dust settle, I looked for an inexpensive replacement. I bought this unit on Ebay after seeing the reviews. After paying I re read the reviews and did have some concerns related to bass output. I read that this unit is good for floor standing but not bookshelf speakers. I guess the thought behind hat is that the floorstanding speakers are more sensitive and need less power output. I began to regret the purchase after reading this because I only have bookshelf speakers.
I have been listening to this now using all types of music and this unit, paired with my Dahlquist Q6 bookshelf speakers, (which I reviewed elsewhere on this site but under the newer version) is performing far and above my expectations Bass is not at all lacking. The entire presentation of all types of music, is complete, smooth, detailed, punchy, etc,..... Just as good if not better than the Rotel I sold. I paid $700.00 for the Rotel and only 147.00 for this NAD. I am so happy with this purchase, I wonder why I ever spent the big bucks. Yes, I did lose a lot of build quality but not on sound!
I have other bookshelf speakers to try but they do not have the bass response the Dalhquists do. The Q6 has respectable bass down the 45 hz despite being bookshelf speakers. I ecided to hook these speakers up because of bass and sensativity concerns. At some point, I will try other speakers as well.

Submitted by Adam dude a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 4, 2006

Bottom Line:
This is actually a review on a NAD 3140 from the 80's. I could not write a review on the right page as this product has not been reviewed yet. The NAD 3140 is a great amp delivering a wopping 80 watts a channel. It features dual transisters which doubles it's power from 40 watts a channel to 80. It also features a L.E.D display showing how many watts you are using on each channel. It delivers awsome, clean and natural sound through any speakers. I have mine hooked up to a pair of B&W ZMF 2003 speakers and a 12 inch kenwood sub and it sounds awsome! I would fully recomend this awsome amplifier and give it a 9.5 out 10 for sound quality and value.

Price Paid:    $2000.00

Purchased At:   Unknown

Submitted by Paavo Haapalainen a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 19, 2002

Bottom Line:
Great unit but it lacks a bit of a craftman quality: the relay for the speaker outlets had a couple of cold welds.

It was found out after 2 years of listening, the sound started to crack, but after the relay was welded again, all the problems were resolved.

Purchased At:   1996

Submitted by MIKE a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 27, 2001

Bottom Line:
I have had the NAD for about 3 1/2 years and It's an awesome amp for the money, I have a rega planet cd player, and paradigm reference "studio 60's" speakers, and the nad is the only component that didn't break on me("and it's the cheapest"). I love it, I'm so used to the power that i know i'll have to spend alot more money, for another amp with better sound and the same level of power that lives upto the NAD. I would recommend a NAD amp to anyone looking for a great "dynamic" sounding amp, for a low price.

CSB 1206 BLK: