NAD 302 Integrated Amplifiers

4.35/5 (17 Reviews) MSRP : $270.00

25 Watt Integrated Amplifier (1993-1995)

Submitted by Chris a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: April 23, 2016

Bottom Line:
The 23 yo NAD 302 amazed me as a pre amp,. It is severly undervalued. I would like to give it 6 stars if I can.

I use this NAD 302 as preamp in the middle of other much higher priced equipments, even my power filter,cables are 5~10 times priced of this NAD, but this NAD sounds just AMAZING in the system. I have never had such a pleasing experience in 30 years hifi experience. The sound stage is wide and super deep, music instruments sound very live as if you can touch them. The sound is very open, transparent, clean, and balanced.

Speaker: B&W Matrix 801 s2,
Power amp: MOON w5.3r
CD player: MOON equinox
Interconnect Cable: Cardas Golden Reference, Cosmic Audio Flex

Submitted by rob a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: July 18, 2014

Bottom Line:
After not being at all impressed with Cambridge Azure 351 and the Rotel RA-04 SE (which had far too much treble) , I decided to take a risk on an ancient amp as a stop gap till I can afford one in the £600 price range. I opted to snap up an old NAD 3020i for 70 pounds that is in mint condition and recently serviced. Astonishing sound quality for an amp of this age and tech and far better than my previous two amps where the vocals seemed to get lost. This 3020i has a beautifully warm sound and perfectly geared for vinyl which I've just recently got back into following years of tinny sounding CDs. I'm using a Project Essential deck and blasting it out of a pair of Dynaudio DM 2/6 speakers. I highly recommend anyone to get one of these old Nads and can't see myself ever selling my unit.

Submitted by Jon Braithwaite a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 11, 2011

Bottom Line:
I think I have had this amp for almost 20 years now. It has been in large rooms, small rooms with big speakers and small and has never, never failed to please! I have a pair of Gale Reference monitors that it is currently hooked up to and the sound is powerful and clean. Bass isn't phenomenal but is exactly where I would expect it to be. Not boomy and not too light. Perfect. I have previously used it with a pair of AE109's and it performed well but is best mated to the Gales which are from the same era. Music has moved on and vinyl has given way to digital formats and still, I am happy and when I crank it up, my neighbours are not! A cracking piece of kit that has more than earned its keep.

Submitted by Crowbar1963 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 4, 2009

Bottom Line:
The Nad 302 has exceptional 3d quality to acoustic sounds (vocals included)in particular, and therefore seems above its price bracket in its time.
I'm running old equipment around it. B&W Dm560 speakers, Rotel rcd965bx with improved code reader, Cambridge Audio Azur 640T DAB radio and It has seemed that the common issue of finding what best suits is, Though minorly so, of benefit. I would suggest Speakers with a 3-way crossover are likely well suited.
It gives a comfort like vynal and almost valve like smoothness in sound thats clean and easy to percieve, but for newer rock guitar tracks? I have heared better ( Rotel RA-04) because a clinical middleness presents.
You can probably tell that the sharp/brighter mixes of todays current trend isn't for me And I strongly feel its a lazy way to create clarity in some speaker builds,
but if you value a fairly nuetral and near flat Frequency spread so you might hear the mix a classic studio engineer actually intended it? Then you can take this Amp seriously, and have very good quality for small money.

Submitted by Leong a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 16, 2003

Bottom Line:
My first amplifier was 3020i, it was the first introduction to me into high fidelity, when i got my hands onto this 302, i was astounded that what improvements it has made thru the years. after listening to about 2 years. I got my hands into modifying this amp, by increasing the power supply capacitance to more than 50 thousand micro farads "EACH CHANNELS", the bass tend to be more more boomy on my Mordaunt Shorts, but i have my control on the bass knob. This is a well define amplifier after my 3020i, i am able to push the limits of this little 302. i had the ceramic capacitor replace with polypropylene capacitor and the internal wires replace with QED Qudos, with the AC cord replace with Merlin type cable, this star can jump.

I have change 3 CD players to suit this amp, the first was the Philips 692, the sound was pretty harsh, makes me want to stay away from the system. The second was a Sony CDP-990, the sound was very warmth, makes me wants to rush home every day to run thru every disk i have, and my third is a Philips 951. This player makes me want to keep buying new CDs

Purchased At:   second hand