Luxman L-507s
Description: Integrated Amplifier

Submitted by Tony a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 25, 2003

Bottom Line:
This review is for the L-507f (not "s"). The L-507f is a newer model. I bought this amp directly for Lux Corp in Japan. I got a good deal on this amp roughly $2200.00 the purchase price I mentioned above includes import and conversion fees. They converted it at the factory so it could be used with North american power. Let me first say that Mr.Uchida at Luxman is extreemly friendly and easy to deal with. They really treated me like im special. This extra effort in customer service is also reflected in the packaging of product. The amp is double boxed the manual and packing materials exude quality without being over done. The amp itself is wrapped in a linen type material that comes in handy later if you want to cover the amp after using it. The manual is cleary layed out and easy to understand. This is a beautiful piece and built quality is impecable. The champagne finish looks classy and the large power meters ala Accuphase are eye catching. I've had many amps in the past but this is the first one I fell compelled to write a review on. Mainly due to its ability to draw me into the music like none of the other amps i've had before. Power is high at 130 X 2. I've read that this amp is used frequently in Japanese high-end stores to demo speakers because of the ease with wich it drives even the most difficult loads. Spectacular imaging combined with low level resolution and sheer musicallity is in my opinion the ingredients that make this amplifier such and engaging listen. It renders vocals beautifully. It some times feels like you can reach out and grab the performer and although the midrange is fluid and silky there is tons of low end resolution. I've always like the luxman tupelike sound and this amp delivers it in spades. I still listen to vinyl as well. One word of caution eventhough Luxman burned this in at the factory, the phone stage needs to clearly be broken in seperately. It found it's voice after about 30-40 hours. I've had external phono stages before in the $600.00 range but let me tell you that I've probably never heard vinyl played back with such conviction and authority. I don't feel i miss the dynamics of CD when i switch to vinyl. I'm sure there a better amps there always are if money is no object but I'm extreemly satified with this. It has aloud me to focus on music again instead of equipment and that's the highest praise I can award any piece of equipment.

Purchased At:   Luxman Corp. Japan

Submitted by Kim a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: October 17, 2003

Bottom Line:
Very good product for Music & LP Lover. Modern classic look, many controls, MM/MC phono amps.(advantage than McIntosh integrated amps)

Price Paid:    $2000.00

Purchased At:   Seoul

Submitted by majkahn a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 7, 2002

Bottom Line:
This brand is quite not popular for today but still a very good one. I get this unit as a new from the box but in half a price so it's a steal. I love it at the first sight because of high-end looked. The big twin meter at a panel is great likes Mcintosh and also all over finishing very neat and strong when compairs with other high-end gears.

Purchased At:   K.S. Sonsgroup Thail