Jolida SJ-202a
Description: (See reviews)

Submitted by MJAB a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 22, 2006

Bottom Line:
This is really a follow up, as I already wrote about the Jolida 202 and I am so marveled about it. First: It passed about 2 years and until now the amp never failed. Second, here is something interesting: There is a french online magazine (thr.france) that reviewed the Jolida and said it is just great, but they did the test with JJ brand (prior Tesla) output tubes instead of the stock Jolida tubes, so I made the same change and the results where very notorious: the treble went more defined and the bass more round and full, while the midrange (already marvelous) were intact. Another simple think I did (based on the Steven Rochlin review article) was the use of Vibrapods under the stock feet, resulting in a slightly more open highs and mids and somewhat more headroom and less congestion at louder passages (i.e. Previn's Messiaen Turangalila Symphony, Antal Dorati's Grofe Grand Canyon Suite), while chamber orchestra and jazz got better soundstage. I also changed the 12AX7 Jolida tubes for Electro Harmonix, but here I didn't note a substancial difference. My point is, at this price, you will not get a better and more upgradedable amp than this. Speakers? I am now using the famous Triangle Cometes ES (prior I was using the Wharfedale 8.2), and until now it is the better sounding amp/speakers combo I have ever heard for less than two thousand dollars (believe me, I have heard many solid state and tube amps as many kind of speakers).

Purchased At:   Audio Pro

Submitted by MJAB a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 30, 2004

Bottom Line:
First I have to quote that when I reached the Jolida 202 Audioreview page via Ecoustics.com, I saw the 41 another reviews of this amp; when I reached Audioreview directly, these reviews does not appear on the actual Audioreview page of the Jolida 202 and there is not any rating about it on the amplifiers reviews page, so I posted another review on this page; this will appear as the first review of the Jolida 202 on that page (I do not know why this happened)
I will put it simple: these amp is the best tube gear you can get for under $1000; the sound is so marvellous that I am rediscovering my entire CD collection a month ago. By the way, the model I got is a 2004, with a power on blue light instead of green and better transformers and resistors than the prior 2003 model (that´s what Jolida said to me )

Purchased At:   Audio Pro

Submitted by amir a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: October 14, 2003

Bottom Line:
i wanted to try some valve amp, after i tested the jolida 202, i found what i need to make the music sound the best in a very very good price
its more realistic than every amp i have ever tried and the sound stage its something that you need to hear not to read............

Purchased At:   israel

Submitted by Oliver Gerestein a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 18, 2003

Bottom Line:
So I decided that I'd had enough of listening to music through my Denon AVR 1802 receiver. It's a great receiver, don't get me wrong, but what I really needed was a proper integrated amp for stereo sound. Omer at OZ Enterprises introduced me to Jolida's line of tube and tube/solid state hybrid amps, so I brought home the JD102 tube amp and gave it a serious listen.

I was so impressed that I had Omer order me a 202. Besides being closer to the amount that I wanted to spend, it looked nicer (in my opinion) and reportedly sounded more detailed due to the better tubes.

I've had my amp for about 3 months now, and I couldn't be more satisfied. After a 25 hour or so break-in period, the bass is tight, the highs are impossibly sweet and the sound has a level of detail and smoothness that I'd never heard before on my system. Even though it sounds great after 30 seconds of warm-up time, I usually leave it on for 3-4 hours at least before doing some serious listening.

I haven't replaced the stock tubes yet, although I understand doing so makes a significant difference. My advice to new owners would be to leave the stock tubes in until they're nicely burned-in, and then make a decision concerning tube replacement.

My system is:
QED 25th Silver Anniversary bi-wire

Purchased At:   OZ Enterprises

Submitted by pawatson a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: April 23, 2003

Bottom Line:
This is the JD 202. It is a wonderful amplifier and I do not believe you can find a better amplifier, especially tube, for this price. I am using it with Alon Napoleons and even my wife is amazed at the imaging and soundstage. I have auditioned many speakers and amps/preamps, but this is the best I could find for the money. For under 1500 dollars, I have a system that is great and will only get better as I upgrade my transport, cables, and add the Thunderbolt sub. I might even do a hoe theater with these tubes and Napoleons.

Purchased At:   Sound Decisions, LLC