Creek Audio Evolution 2 2-Channel Amplifier Integrated Amplifiers

The Creek Evolution 2 Amplifier is a superb integrated amp which perfectly marries form and function. Delivering a clean and faithful sound, this stylish amp is a joy to listen to.
Product MPN
MPN: EVO2AMPLIFIER
Key Features
No. of Speaker Outputs

Submitted by Dave Boden a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 29, 2012

Bottom Line:
In the past I have owned Marantz, Rotel, Nad and Naim amplification. All good to my ears. If you are looking to buy an integrated amp under £1000 these days, there is just so much choice of good quality gear it's very hard to go wrong. However, of all the budget amps I've owned I reckon my Creek Evo 2 is the best for me. Dynamic, detailed but very natural sounding, the Evo 2 has the lovely sleek, minimalist style I love. Coupled with the matching Evo 2 CDP it's a match made in heaven. Very basic design, no tone or balance controls,only 4 inputs, and only one set of speaker outputs (bi-wiring any speaker is a waste of money on extra cable if you ask me, pointless). However, that is more than enough for my needs. What the Evo 2 does deliver in droves is quality sound. I cannot praise this amp highly enough, if you're looking to pay under £750.00 for a traditional amp the Evo 2 is the one I would recommend.. If I am ever in the position to spend a few pounds on a better quality amp you can rest assured it will be the Creek Destiny 2.

One other thing, because the WhatHiFi readers of this world are obsessed with Marantz, Nad and Rega and totally ignore quality gear like Creek, you can pick up ex demo or 2nd hand Creek's on Ebay for a good price, though you don't get many coming up for sale too often.

PANAMAX: