BV Audio A300S Integrated Amplifiers

Power output 2x110W RMS 8ohm, THD < 0.01%, 20Hz-22kHz 2x170W RMS 4ohm, THD < 0.015%, 20Hz-22kHz Distortion THD+N (BW 80kHz) max 0.01% / 110W / 8 ohm (20Hz -22kHz) typical 0.002% / 1kHz , 0.006% / 10kHz max 0.015% /170W / 4ohm (20Hz - 22kHz) typical 0.003% /1kHz , 0.008% /10kHz Frequency response 20Hz-22kHz 0 dB -0.1dB 3.3Hz and 190kHz -1dB, 1.2Hz and 450kHz -3dB Bandwidth 80kHz Distortion IMD max 0.004% for 100W/8ohm (60 Hz/4 -80kHz, 4:1) Slew rate SR 50V / us /8ohm Channel separation 1kHz > -105 dB, 10kHz -100dB, 20kHz -95dB Damping factor 500 / 1kHz / 8ohm Noise S/N -105 dB (20Hz-22kHz) DC offset max 10mV, typical <5mV Channel matching < 0.1 dB, -60dB to 0 Protection activation delay, disconnection of output during malfunction, shorted out circuit, overheating, DC output protection, overcurrent protection Inputs 5 x Line inputs RCA Input sensitivity 0.6V Volume adjustment Digitally controlled -60dB to 0dB, from 0 to 99 in 100steps Outputs 1 x tape output 1 x preamplifier output, regulated Connectors signal inputs and outputs - gold plated RCA loudspeakers terminals- 4x gold plated 5 way binding post for each channel Dimensions/Weight 17 ½ x 3 ½ x 14 ¼ inch, net weight 31 lb Stand-by power consumption 2VA AC line voltage 110-120 ACV, 60 Hz

Submitted by astravitz a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 6, 2005

Bottom Line:
Review is for the BVAudio A300SE, which is a true Dual Mono design in an Intergrated Amplifier. Below is part of what I just sent to a friend based on some inial listening:

I just got the receiver. It is by far the best I've ever heard in my entire life. I am not joking, I have no idea how they have exact stereo reproduction. It's like the Carin 4808 but a little clearer plus much better build quality. It's like they are sitting in the room in the recording studio and playing live for you. I can't even begin to describe what it sounds like, it's just real. If they recorded to much bass there is lots of bass. It's so musical because it plays exactly what was recored in the studio. It's so fast, it keeps up with the music so easily. You are literly hearing everything on the original recording. If they tapped a mike, you hear it. You can't figure out where the speakers are they disappear in the room. It also looks like it's built like a Soviet Tank.

I've been listening to Diana Krall, Jen Chapin (great voice like her father), Louis Armstrong and Rachmaninoff (HDCD Coded). All sounded like studio recordings, with every single nuance being presented in the raw. I did notice that in the begining of each cd you might have to adjust the volume level - my guess is each CD is mastered at a different volume level. However, the volume is in .5 decible increments so it's not a problem.

The looks of the unit are spartan and utilitarian, with a single silver face plate and a green glowing display. The unit appears to generate almost no heat driving my Triangle Celius 202's - they are very efficient speakers 92db. My source is a Rotel RCD-1070, which eventually I plan on updating, but for now it's fine. I can see why you will need a good quality DAC in the CD player.

It's amazing to hear your recording play in the true dynamics they were recorded. Perhaps I should take step back and mention that I first had a Rotel RX-1052, which for the money is an amazing receiver, but I always felt my Celius Speakers were capable of more. The Rotel had a slight edge of harshness and occasionally was punchy, but overall very clear and good in presentation. Then I tried the Cairn 4808, which was recommended. It was also a great sounding receiver, very warm but had serious quality problems, so after two dead units I gave up on the manufacturer. Next was an Arcam FMJ A32, the top of the line Integrated Amp from Arcam. Let's just say it might be a great receiver for some, but on my speakers it was to laid back, it was like a film had been placed in front of them.

So, really liking the Cairn sound, I deceided that a dual-mono design worked best with the Triangle Celius. I did my research and purchased the A300SE thinking I could flip it or return it if I wasn't happy. I can tell you that I finally found a keeper. I can't imagine the need to ever upgrade, ok maybe I'm now curious to hear their Preamp / Amp separates, but for now I'm going to stay put. I also haven't even biwired my speakers. They have two sets of outputs that appear to for biwireing. That can only add to the dynamics.

Set up:
CD - Rotel RCD-1070
Speakers - Triangle Celius 202
Integrated Amp - BVaudio A300SE
Cables - PUREAV (save your money and buy these cables)

Purchased At:   Demo Model - Used

Submitted by mato a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 9, 2004

Bottom Line:
I have been living with BV Audio A300S only for couple of weeks. My current equipment is:
Dynaudio Gemini
Sony CDP XA20ES
XLO PRO 600
Kimber Cable PBJ

Sound
-perfect localization
-deep, accurate and stabile low spectrum
-dynamic
-powerful (what really suits to my Geminis)
-realistic
-no music preference (as far as the music is well recorded)
-merciless and severe to bad recordings

I really like general conception of this amp, from construction (dual-mono with dual power transformers, high-quality relays, protection, binding posts etc.), control (full remote control, programmable display, sensitivity setup..)and desing point of view (small, heavy :-) ).

I guees (I am fully convinced)I could not get better amp for paid price and is one of the best for official price as well. I am proud having such a excelent device made in my homecountry.

Purchased At:   second user