Audio Analogue Puccini SE Integrated Amplifiers

4.41/5 (27 Reviews) MSRP : $1095.00

Integrated amplifier - 50 watts

Submitted by Rabby a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 16, 2004

Bottom Line:
I've been in this hobby for more than 10 years and I've owned big integrated amps such as Accuphase E-407. While I keep upgrading, the Puccini SE stays in my second system.

Well, the E-407 is far more superior, but for the price, it's much better than competitors like Audio Refinement Int Amp or any int amp under $2000. It's soft, realistic sound makes many CDs listenable (actually enjoyable).

Use a pair of efficient speakers and the bass can go quite deep and weighty, the amp sounds a little slow compared to most solid state amps, but I consider that a feature, not a drawback.

This is the amp that makes you forget about hi-fi terms and enjoy music. Vocal performance is the best I've heard from any amp that weights less than 50 LB.

Submitted by soso_soso a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 21, 2004

Bottom Line:
This amp like a beautiful woman. It’s easy to love but give you all if you will coddle her. Cables, source, and loudspeakers – all mean in Puccini’s case.
I have tried this amp with few CDP and many cables both to speakers and IC. AAP had to play also with few different speakers. It is so easy to find out that everything is important for the sound. I prefer Harmonic Technology Truth Link as IC and I would like to change also speaker’s cable soon to HT Pro-9. Loudspeakers should be not too hard for managing.
Sound is very detailed, great high range and midrange. A bit round bass is a feature, not a real fail. Dynamic is average but with good material sound is impressive still and can wake you up. 3D space appears without any problem but then cables play the main part.

Purchased At:   Audio Concept

Submitted by Audi a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 13, 2003

Bottom Line:
Very good with vocal but not very detailed. But the best thing about this amp is that it sounds beautiful.

It's not very good with hard hitting music though. Eminem and Missy Elliot sounds better on a boom box ;) But Diana Krall and Dave Koz simply sounds great.

I've noted that some people say it sounds better with good power cords. I've tried Audioquest but can't detect any difference. I've also tried Kimber PK-14 Gold, faster tighter sound with more detail, but I like the standard sound better, it simply sounds more beautiful. Maybe I'll try other power cords in the future.

Submitted by vsrok a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 2, 2002

Bottom Line:
I have this amplifier more than 4 years, and I am not satisfied due to two failures that I had. In Croatia is missing well and quality service, and I will never by Italian product any more. The sound is OK, but all this failures are more than enough for me.

Purchased At:   Italy

Submitted by vntg59 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: May 17, 2002

Bottom Line:
A damn good amp, probably one of the best in its price range. I use the new remote and more powerful one. needs a pair of neutral sounding speakers and its best mate is the Paganini CD player. Hook them up with good cables(I use Harmonic Tech) and it will surprise you with a natural,transparent, uncoloured, dynamic and exceptionally detailed sound. Holographic imaging including soundstage height, very rare in this price range. Comes with a classy remote, so heavy that you may want to put it on spikes...:)Curious, but sounds the best on its own feet, no cones or other stuff.Looks great and well finished. On vocal music is audiophile heaven.

MS 1400W: