Anthem Integrated-225
Description: Phono input, front panel input for portable music players, 225 continuous watts per channel into 8 ohms, 4-ohm capability.

Submitted by agree with dave a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 29, 2014

Bottom Line:
I would agree with Dave… I bought this to have a little boost in power for speaker upgrade I was planning. I could not believe how much it changed the sound of my Paradigm Studio 100 v5. For the worse. My general TV watching pioneer receiver sounds better.

Submitted by What? I couldn't hear you a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: January 31, 2012

Bottom Line:
I really don't have a clue what Dave's complaints are all about. My experience has been 100% the opposite. I think Dave had a bad day or the integrated amp didn't pair well with his system. I have an Anthem 225 paired with Paradigm Reference Studio/80 .v2 speakers. This integrated amp was such an improvement over my last amp, that my wife who doesn't care about stereo equipment, when she first heard the amp said "whoa, didn't know an amp could make such a big difference."

Clean, well articulated. Sound stage is full and realistic.. Yes, a good punch to the bass but its in balance with the mid and high ends. Anyone who doesn't have 5 grand to throw at an amp will love it and then be laughing at all those who spent significantly more with little or more to show for it. Pairs well with speakers that tend to be a bit bright.

Submitted by Dave a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 6, 2010

Bottom Line:
This product is way over hyped by the reviews. This unit lacks emotion to the music and althought it has power it doesnt sound very 3d. It sounds very forward and yet very 2d. Bass is a little too much at times like its saying am big and bad. Channel seperation is not great at all no phantom center no movement of sound panning from left, center, and right. Jacks for speaker cables dont hold very well very shallow. Noise floor is not very black, things in the background dont seem to appear out of nowhere or slowly fade in. Should have asked to demo at home.

Product model year:   2009