Accuphase E-560 Integrated Amplifiers

• Revolutionary AAVA volume control
  • Instrumentation amplifier principle
  • Logic-control relays for straight and short signal paths
  • Robust power supply

Submitted by cosminbro a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: May 2, 2011

Bottom Line:
For many years I was exciting about class A amplifiers. I am also very interested about vintage amplifiers - some of them I own or I owned, like an excellent Marantz PM-94 class AB amplifier for example. I enter into the high-class of Accuphase gears with Accuphase E-450 class AB model. After only one month I have the opportunity to listen and compare A/B the E-450 with E-560. At that time I use a pair of Usher X-719 (87 SPL) and Roksan Kandy K2 CD player as source for comparison.
I was initially concerned about the only 30 watts per channel. Only after few minutes I was so exciting about the finesse and clarity of E-560 - the sound it's like a good old wine. E-560 is in a different league than E-450 - and don't understand me wrong, E-450 is a very very good amplifier indeed ! By listening the excellent Respighi, Belkis, Queen of Sheeba Suite from Reference Recordings and the overwhelming This is K2 Sound! I was stunning about the incredible power of E-560: those only 30 W / channel sounds much more powerful than those 180 W / channel from E-450 - it's really incredible, you must hear to believe ! In fact the E-560 is the best integrated amplifier I have ever heard, regardless the price tag.

Strenghts:
Finesse, clarity, extremely good separation of voice and instruments, very powerful, with incredible reserves of power.

Weaknesses:
None

PANAMAX: