Yamaha MX-1000U Amplifiers

4.91/5 (35 Reviews) MSRP : $1200.00

Submitted by Reign watson a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: November 22, 2015

Bottom Line:
Wow!! I had my Yamaha mx-1000u in the closet for a long time. Due to an accident which has me stuck in the house for the past four months. I decided to go through all my audio equipment test and match who works and who sound better with who. Now that is an art ( tonal, distortion, low and high level listening). Now we get to the mx1000 it made realize that
I forgot a very important aspect of listening DYNAMIC RANGE. When listening to D. Krall Stepping Out. She was live, the piano was real and the bass and drums were fantastic. I own everything from Macintosh 275' Janis Defy 7, B&k, classe, CJ and PS Audio only to name a few. The MX 1000 by Yahama is truly one of the all time greats it is the Mohamed Ali of Amps.

Submitted by K C a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: October 27, 2015

Bottom Line:
I have owned a Yamaha MX-1000u for many years that I enjoyed, but the LCD L&R channel meter bars and wattage display had stopped working, and I could tell it was no longer performing the way I remembered. I had it restored by LegendaryAmps, and all I can think of to say is WOW!!! I have a great deal of appreciation for all the work that was put into the restoration. I'm trying to put into words without using typical audiophile buzzwords or nonsensical BS, but there honestly seems to be a greater sense of clarity in bass and high frequency ranges, as well as transparency restored in the sound image that was once missing before... Everything looks and sounds fantastic, better than ever I must say, and the new meter lights are beautiful. Certainly the real deal and totally worth it. I also appreciate the helpful tips given to help prolong the life of the amp, and I'll be sure to do what I can to help keep it going for another 30 years (and longer!)

Submitted by Clifford a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 25, 2015

Bottom Line:
Do you sell this amp, if you do please let me know (clifford_ganegoda@yahoo.com) Thank you

Submitted by Tracy a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 1, 2015

Bottom Line:
Sent my mx-1000 for rebuild and looks and performs like new! The business is a little pricey but does a good job rebuilding amps

Submitted by Steve W a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: April 3, 2015

Bottom Line:

Unit arrived safely and it looks fabulous. More importantly I was quite stunned with how much better it sounded from previously but even my past recollections. There is a substantial improvement. I have challenged it in every way I could, different preamps, speakers, source material, volume etc. Not one combination disappointed. It just consistently produces a smooth luscious presentation that I just get highly engaged with experiencing. I have a few quite high end (and much more expensive) amps and I am surprised to say they do not easily put the MX1000 down. I'm not easily impressed but this really hit the spot. Not cheap but easily worth the wait.

Thanks LegendaryAmps.com for the spectacular work. I feel privileged to now own a museum quality piece of history.

Steve W