Yamaha MX-1000U Amplifiers

4.9/5 (29 Reviews) MSRP : $1200.00

Submitted by Grant Kokot a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: April 1, 2014

Bottom Line:
The sonic clarity, accuracy and perfection of my MX-1000, unachievable by some, but not after being restored by Legendary Amps. My MX-1000 was restored to audible and visual excellence. For most, it may be difficult to comprehend what Legendary Amps can do to these amplifiers. I am of opinion that it is comparable to restoring a beautiful, classic '65 Mustang vs. merely changing a flat tire. Some who make the attempt to repair these amps simply replace broken parts and that shall be left for those who dare to compare, as Legendary Amps clientele have come to expect far superior detail, and they deliver. The MX-1000 was my fourth amp to be rebuilt and the sight and sounds are fantastic. Show room finish with precise and accurate sound.
Grant Kokot 4/1/2014

Submitted by alan michel gaeta rosales a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 4, 2014

Bottom Line:
hola soy de gdl y reciente mente compre un Yamaha mx 1000u, Yamaha avc-70, denon tu-800 y traía bosinas polk audio sda1 pero las bosinas no aguantan la potencia quiero saber que bosinas debo usar para no quemar el amplificador todos se quedan sorprendidos con el audio hermoso que da mejor que los estéreos de hoy en dia y cual es su presio de todo en pesos mexicanos y todo me lo dieron jalando al 100 me encanta todo el audio como se escucha es lo mejor donde le puedo dar mantenimiento y estuvo guardado por años me dijo la señora que me lo vendio

Submitted by Tim Stevens a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: January 30, 2013

Bottom Line:
I recently sent my MX-1000U in for restoration. I thought it sounded pretty good and looked ok. To my amazement, when I got the amp back, the high frequencies had come alive and were extremely accurate. The stage presence of the midrange was like I haven’t heard before. The low frequency was now very tight and pronounced. It was something I hadn’t realized had deteriorated over time, being the amp is 25+ years old. Also, while it was it was there, I had the incandescent bulbs replaced with LEDs and the old and brittle speaker terminals replaced with 5-way binding posts. The new speaker terminals are very sturdy, a vast improvement over the original setup.

The magnificent work that LegendaryAmps does on the inside does not stop there. The metal cover, the front glass, the rear panel, all exterior components now look new. The amp almost looks as good as it sounds. I am very pleased with the results of the restoration. I absolutely consider it money well spent. It was a pleasure to do business with LegendaryAmps. I appreciated the prompt return of all my emails, and being dealt with honestly.

Submitted by Jimjim a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: September 20, 2012

Bottom Line:
Words can't describe how I feel right now. I am blown away by the sheer power of this amp. Hooked it up to a pair of Polk SDA SRS using a cx1000u pre amp. Unbelievable. I have NEVER heard a home stereo system sound so pure. And its mine! The sound stage is amazing. What I cant believe is how much sound is produced at just 30 to 40 watts. The amp is beautiful! Fine craftsmanship. I want to personally thank LegendaryAmps for doing what you do. Please do not stop “resurrecting” these magnificent amps.

Submitted by MichaelAlvy a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 13, 2012

Bottom Line:
I have recently come across a couple of these products. The mx-1000 is sounds amazing and is in mint condition. I have is paired with the Yamaha CX-1000 pre-amp. The combination of the two are fabulous and create an amazing sound out of my two amazing Klipsch Chorus speakers. The 1989 yahama engineering master piece, MX-1000/CX-1000 sounds great with modern house/dub step/dance music.

Atlantic Technology: