Yamaha MX-1000U Amplifiers

4.9/5 (31 Reviews) MSRP : $1200.00

Submitted by Steve W a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: April 3, 2015

Bottom Line:

Unit arrived safely and it looks fabulous. More importantly I was quite stunned with how much better it sounded from previously but even my past recollections. There is a substantial improvement. I have challenged it in every way I could, different preamps, speakers, source material, volume etc. Not one combination disappointed. It just consistently produces a smooth luscious presentation that I just get highly engaged with experiencing. I have a few quite high end (and much more expensive) amps and I am surprised to say they do not easily put the MX1000 down. I'm not easily impressed but this really hit the spot. Not cheap but easily worth the wait.

Thanks LegendaryAmps.com for the spectacular work. I feel privileged to now own a museum quality piece of history.

Steve W

Submitted by L S Jayantha a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 2, 2014

Bottom Line:
I am interesting to buy M1000 or MX1000U with C85 control amplifier.If any one has these items let me know via my mail.

Submitted by Grant Kokot a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: April 1, 2014

Bottom Line:
The sonic clarity, accuracy and perfection of my MX-1000, unachievable by some, but not after being restored by Legendary Amps. My MX-1000 was restored to audible and visual excellence. For most, it may be difficult to comprehend what Legendary Amps can do to these amplifiers. I am of opinion that it is comparable to restoring a beautiful, classic '65 Mustang vs. merely changing a flat tire. Some who make the attempt to repair these amps simply replace broken parts and that shall be left for those who dare to compare, as Legendary Amps clientele have come to expect far superior detail, and they deliver. The MX-1000 was my fourth amp to be rebuilt and the sight and sounds are fantastic. Show room finish with precise and accurate sound.
Grant Kokot 4/1/2014

Submitted by alan michel gaeta rosales a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 4, 2014

Bottom Line:
hola soy de gdl y reciente mente compre un Yamaha mx 1000u, Yamaha avc-70, denon tu-800 y traía bosinas polk audio sda1 pero las bosinas no aguantan la potencia quiero saber que bosinas debo usar para no quemar el amplificador todos se quedan sorprendidos con el audio hermoso que da mejor que los estéreos de hoy en dia y cual es su presio de todo en pesos mexicanos y todo me lo dieron jalando al 100 me encanta todo el audio como se escucha es lo mejor donde le puedo dar mantenimiento y estuvo guardado por años me dijo la señora que me lo vendio

Submitted by Tim Stevens a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: January 30, 2013

Bottom Line:
I recently sent my MX-1000U in for restoration. I thought it sounded pretty good and looked ok. To my amazement, when I got the amp back, the high frequencies had come alive and were extremely accurate. The stage presence of the midrange was like I haven’t heard before. The low frequency was now very tight and pronounced. It was something I hadn’t realized had deteriorated over time, being the amp is 25+ years old. Also, while it was it was there, I had the incandescent bulbs replaced with LEDs and the old and brittle speaker terminals replaced with 5-way binding posts. The new speaker terminals are very sturdy, a vast improvement over the original setup.

The magnificent work that LegendaryAmps does on the inside does not stop there. The metal cover, the front glass, the rear panel, all exterior components now look new. The amp almost looks as good as it sounds. I am very pleased with the results of the restoration. I absolutely consider it money well spent. It was a pleasure to do business with LegendaryAmps. I appreciated the prompt return of all my emails, and being dealt with honestly.

Sennheiser: