Yamaha MX-800U
Description: Power Amplifier

Submitted by Brian Bui a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: May 31, 2015

Bottom Line:
I have owned these CX-1000 & MX-800 when I was in Japan back in 1988,I had it every since as of today 05-2015 these pair served me well, I listen music every weekend for the pass 25 years,without a single problem what so ever, I also have owned many others high end,like Luxman, etc. nothing come close to this, the music is so clean and clear the dynamic is astounding you could hear every notes using 3 pair Klipsch speakers and I'm very please with the quality with top notch Engineer to create these thing,I could bought MX-1000 to go with it but the spec.is the same except more power rating.
Up until now I could not even crank it up pass 1/4 the volume, regardless how loud you crank it up the music is still clean, in front I hooked up with a pair of Klipsch RF-72II,in rear
has Klipsch RF-82II and other Klipsch SB-52 all at once, with Yamaha Hi-Bit Technology D/A converter is awesome and was developed twenty five years ago sound so good.

Submitted by JD a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: October 13, 2011

Bottom Line:
One of the best built amps of that era. Bulletproof,built like a tank and quiet as a mouse.Worth every dollar I paid for it.