Vincent Audio SP-997
Description: <ul> <li>Frequency Range: 20 Hz - 22 kHz +/- 0.5 dB</li> <li>Nominal Output Power: 2 x 200 Watts into 4 Ohm</li> <li>Total Harmonic Distortion: < 0.1 % max. (1 kHz, 1 W)</li> <li>Input Sensitivity: 1.5 V</li> <li>Signal-to-Noise Ratio: > 95 dB</li> </ul>

Submitted by acousticMUSIClover a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 8, 2009

Bottom Line:
I bought a pair of SP-997 tired of the harsh and aggressive sound, especialy highs,of many of the solid state power amps,many of them for "pro" use (ROTEL, ACTIVE Tannoy MONITORS, BEHRINGER... These days I wanted a relatively afordable real-hifi power amp and with, I was Rookie in audio, balanced imputs. The vincent sp-997 almost don't sound harsh the highs and it's like would have some (more than the previous but little lack for me) current delivery : I said this for the better low-end than my previous amps, but now I'm searching a tube power amp being able to drive speaker (likes my Dynaudio BM 15 Passive, BTW , sweets and grip: highly recomended) loads as low as 3 Ohms.... If now I would bought The Vincent SP-993 : hybrid (valve sweet highs and transistor's power) and able to drive 2 Ohm loads (powerful deep bass extension)