Threshold T 100 Class A Amplifier Amplifiers

The T 100's ability to deliver musical subtleties is perhaps only outweighed by its ability to jam. In this respect, the T 100 simply must be heard to be appreciated.

Submitted by saocosaoco a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 10, 2009

Bottom Line:
I bought this amplifier used about 2 yrs. ago an I am very happy that I did. I bought a Parasound Halo a21, McCormack DNA 0.5, Classé CA150, Threshold S300 II an I sold them all. This amplifier is definitely a keeper for me. I love the pure class A sound especially with my Klipsch RF-7's with Dean Wescott crossover upgrade.
I listen mainly to SACD and this amplifier makes my day. I use an Anthem AVM 30 processor and I love this combination.

Submitted by ~Dave a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 14, 2004

Bottom Line:
After owning this amp for 2.5 years, and upgrading every other component in my system, I felt it was time to write a review of this tremendous amplifier.

This amplifier is outstanding. It faithfully amplifies the signal provided, regardless of the demands of the speaker. I have used a/d/s CM-7s, JM Lab ELectra 905s and now Merlin TSM-Ms, and each of them have sounded their best when connected to this amplifier.

As I got into SACD, I started on a quest to upgrade my system, one component at at time, so that I could hear the best music possible, but never considered upgrading the Threshold T-100.

This amp is so good, that one day I decided to break out some of me favorite late 60s early 70s SACDs and crank up the volume. My Reference Line Preeminece 1B preamp was almost full blast throughout the listening session of 2 hours, and the amp was just cruising along. I have been into this hobby for 24 years, and I know that a passive preamp is much easier on the amp than an active preamp when cranked up, but the Thresold was being asked to play at 95% of full volume, and it was some of the best sounding music I have ever heard-no clipping whatsoever.

I now have three components that I will not be changing for a VERY long time: Reference Line Preeminence 1B preamp, Threshold T100 amp, and Merlin TSM-M speakers.

If you want to satisfy your ears and your wallet, pick up a used Threshold T-100 and enjoy the music!

~Dave