Sony TA-N9000ES Amplifiers

4.65/5 (40 Reviews) MSRP : $1300.00

115W x5 Channels or 200W x2 - Parallel Push-Pull Output

Submitted by TICKTACK55 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 4, 2012

Bottom Line:
I found this at a audio shop in Osaka with only 630 bucks.
It is such a old product but this powerful 5 channel power amp can give sufficient power to my Infinity Kappa 80 which has four 9" woofers.Love clean and crispy sound both low end and high end. I cannot complain on this. I hope this will last long.

Submitted by 1bad70nova a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 28, 2005

Bottom Line:
I have had this amp for a short while now and I absolutely LOVE IT! It is rich and warm sounding with clear highs and strong bass and midrange. I wanted to move to seperates, but that stuff can get expensive. Plus, I wanted something that could match or come close to matching my other Sony equipment. I have a Sony STR-DA333ES receiver and it does a great job of sound reproduction, but this amp moved everything up a couple of notches! It over powers my Boston speakers, but that's only when I start to get on it hard and the source material has a LOT of bass in it.

My system consists of:
Boston Acoustics PV-1000 Subwoofer

Purchased At:   Online

Submitted by CRB a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: April 8, 2005

Bottom Line:
I bought this TA-N9000ES/N ( last N is gold color ) along with the matching preamp in April of 1998. The pair was $2100. I have used it connected to Infinity Overtures, Infinity Compositions Preludes and Infinity Prelude MTS and it sounds good in all instances. These speakers all have powered woofer/subwoofer elements so this amp has never fallen short of my power needs. It runs very cool, even under heavy loads. It isn't a monster amp that can double down into a four ohm load or anything like that. It has a current limiting switch for 4 ohm loads. It has a five-year parts and labor warranty that I never had to use. Which is the best kind of warranty, in my opinion.

Purchased At:   Sound Distributors

Submitted by Migel a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 17, 2004

Bottom Line:
Purchased this amp specifically to use the BTL 2-channel for my Paradigm 100 mains. My Sony DA-7es does the rest. This is an excellent amp. Power is adequate and sound is cleaner than the 7es.

Purchased At:   online

Submitted by netman8762 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 18, 2003

Bottom Line:
This is a great amp. I am using this to power my front Paradigm S 100's and they shine I wondered if anyone here could anser two questions about this unit. One, what is "BTL" mode and two, has anyone been able to tripper this unit to standby with anything other then a Sony receiver? Any help would be appreciated. Now the amp itself. I am using this for two channel in BTL mode and it is wonderful. My recevier, Onkyo 898, had a bad habit of turning itself off at levels of +5db. It was annoying. I don't really listen that loud but when you want to crank it up to show off speakers it sucks to have your receiver shut off. I am very pleased with the warmth and presence of this unit. Low end rocks.

Purchased At:   Park Audio