Sonic Frontiers Anthem AMP 1 Amplifiers

Power Amplifier

Submitted by Dave O a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 11, 2002

Bottom Line:
I've been living with, and loving the sound of this Anthem Amp-1 for about 5 years now. I must say, it's one of the most overlooked audio products out there. I guess that's why it's no longer in production. It doesn't sound like my McIntosh tube amps, and for the most part, that's a good thing. The accuracy is much better...but still the sound is very pleasant...just a hint of the "tube sound".

Purchased At:   Stereo One, Cape Gir

Submitted by TJ a an Audiophile

Date Reviewed: May 16, 1999

Bottom Line:
I've been hearing a lot of discussion between analogic and digital amps and I guess I agree with something: there are only analogic amps good enough from $5,000 up. The other ones, the ottos, the amcs 3030a, etc are good for the price but in the common expression "they lack balls". They have no dynamic, just the beautiful valve sound. In these prices I love the Jadis Orchestra but still, so power. The music lacks life and dynamic. But then I heard the Anthem. Using Monitor Audio S20 and a Teac cd player the Anthem sounded glourius. The harmonic beauty and the warm and crystalin sound was complemented by the dynamic that I never saw in a valve amp of this price. It's not a Krell or a Mark Levinson but it amazed me. For the price, sure I'd go 5 stars. by the way,I heard a few days ago on of the best amps I've ever heard. It's not here in the reviews, it's called the Triangle Nemo. I was paxioned by the sound and I wait soon it's entry in this review area so I can review it.

Duration Product Used:   an Audiophile