Sonance Sonamp 260 Amplifiers

60w x 2

Submitted by ncampbell a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: April 4, 2008

Bottom Line:
The Sonance Sonamp 260 is a very capable amplifier. The 260 provides 100w per channel into 4 ohms. I have used 2 x260 to bi-amp Martin Logan electrostatics (notoriously difficult to drive) without any problems and I have also used the 260 to drive wo32 subwoofers.

The 260's provide a wide soundstage with firm control over music. Imaging is excellent and the overall sound can be characterized as neutral. The 260 can be used as the main amp in a 2 channel system or for upgrading an existing surround sound receiver.

The 260 is never going to compete with a Krell or Classe amp but will make a significant improvement over the amplifier in a surround sound receiver

The Sonamp 260 has always been very reliable. I have 5 260's currently and have never had any problems

Submitted by Steven Mylrea a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: July 29, 2001

Bottom Line:
It is a nice amp for just listening to music but does not seem to be as stronge as they say. I am out of their warrenty, so I will throw it. I will bee looking for a different manufacturer on the next ones I get. That will be soon because we are adding on and I want to put two pairs of Klipsch SA-3 outside.

60.0 WA BLACK: