Outlaw Audio Model 755
Description: Power output: 200 watts RMS x 5 (all channels driven simultaneously into 8 ohms from 20 Hz to 20 kHz with less than 0.05% total harmonic distortion). 300 watts RMS x 5 @ 4 ohms

Submitted by daddy_guy a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 12, 2003

Bottom Line:
Wow! This is a beast!! This one unit is replacing a Parasound 1500A Amp, an A.T.I. 1502 Amp, and a Marantz MA700 Amp...all great amps, but big and messy. My system began to take over the room, take over my life...it had a mind of its own....there was no stopping it......
sorry.....
but I needed to scale down a bit, and wanted one piece instead of three or four...(I was originally going for the 770 / 7 channel amp, but could not get rid of my old Fosgate 4100 Amp.....I am using it for the rear surrounds..I just could not part with that ugly monster...)
The Outlaw 755 is a 5 channel, 200 watts a channel amplifier. No bells and whistles, not a thing of beauty, but more of a beast....this is the giant killer you have been looking for. A beast that will slay most anything in its way...especially in its price range.....I am not an expert, audiophile, or professional, but I like what I hear...like I said, I have gone through some amps in the past, and Outlaw seems to know what they are doing when building an amp.
First thing...make it h.e.a.v.y...! Well, they did!!! It is about 90 lbs....your UPS man (or woman) better be strong!!!
And you better have a friend help you with it.
Second, give it a good power supply... using two massive toroids..the kind they used to use in 100 watt class A amps costing as much as a small automobile!! This Amp is the bargain killer you have been looking for!!! That is the most important thing.....what you end up getting for the price...lots and lots of good, clean power.....nothing super innovative here, just something that will let all of your other components shine! Built for Home Theater, especially movies, but it is also extremely musical...just a fabulous amp, always at the ready; power is oozing out...it is always ready to kick butt!!!! Loves movies and music, with authority, or finesse..... Can't do better than that!
Quality built in the USA!
Power is a good thing.
Lots of power is even better!
Your system will thank you!

Purchased At:   Factory Direct

Submitted by ahoisman a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 22, 2003

Bottom Line:
Top value for the money. Having said that,though, it is more-over, a wonderful, clean,responsive,and powerefull amp for all uses. Bought it with the 950 pre/pro- equilly outstanding!

Purchased At:   Outlaw web site

Submitted by McGruder a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 18, 2003

Bottom Line:
I ordered the 950 pre-amp in conjunction with the 755 5-channel amp so I got an additional $100 off of the $900 price of the 950.

My system consists of:
Outlaw 950 pre-amp
Outlaw 755 amp (replaces Onkyo DS-777 reciver)
Onkyo DV-CP500 DVD/CD player
NHT Super Ones mains
NHT Super Center center channel
NHT Super Zeros surround channels
JBL PB-10 10" downfiring sub,150 watts

I initially hooked up the 950 to the multi-channel input on my Onkyo DS-777 AV receiver. The 950 took some of the edginess out of the sound and produced I higher level of detail than I had experienced with the Onkyo pulling double duty. I listened to Sarah McLaughlin's "Surfacing" CD through digitial output, and found the sound of her voice to sound softer and very complimentary to the soft dome tweeters on the Super Ones. I found this very welcome since the tendecy of the acoustically suspended NHT's is slightly bright played on the Onkyo. The overall sonic character still is slightly warmer and more realistic sounding. Bass was a a little more extended, but there was detail in the bass that I was not expecting to gain from this upgrade in equipment.

Once I hooked up the 955 amplifier, I was treated to an improvement in the listening experience to yet another level. The noise floor is extremely low- I cannot here any signs of hiss. At this point the increase in mid-range and low-end detail was quite noticeable. It took a while to figure out the proper crossover frequencies within the 950 and on the subwoofer's crossover adjustment. Once dialed in, the tonal qualities that are produced by this combination of audio equipment fully justifies the move to separates. The dynamic range experienced at higher volumes steps up to a different league. I can't get over the musicality coming from the bass notes on my Pat Metheny "Beyond the Missourri Sky" CD and Diana Krall "Live in Paris" really takes advantage of the NHT's ability to produce accurate, velvety voice frequencies. Violins and cellos on Vivaldi, Four Seasons are transparent.

The performance for movies is equally impressive, but less dramatic of an improvement over the Onkyo with DVD movies as there is with music. The main difference is a slighly warmer character and improved dynamic range and bass detail.

As a value oriented audio enthusiast, I highly recommend the model 755 amp. At this price-point, the outlaw pre-amp and amp combo is a blue chip winner over expensive A/V receivers. I cannot think of a better choice for the move to separates without paying significantly more for B&K, ATI, Rotel, Parasound, Sherbourne or Sunfire.

Purchased At:   Outlaw Audio