ORION extreme 800 Amplifiers

3.67/5 (9 Reviews)

200x2 rms @4 ohms or 400x2 rms @2 ohms and 800x1 @4 ohms , 2 ohm stable

Submitted by Shephard Patton a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 12, 2002

Bottom Line:
I just got a hold of the orion xtreme from a car audio place near by. It was the last one available in my state, and I thought i'd try out Orion.This amp is badass! Im running two jl w6 12's in a virtual technologies vented box, and they are slammin!This amp is a true powerhouse.

Submitted by peter dyrke a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: August 11, 2001

Bottom Line:
I am a technician and I have found that the axial capacitors that are in parallel with the 12v supply pop loose from the their soldered positions, or even more spooky, they "explode" or this is the one that gets me- they somehow cause the huge mosfet power supplies to spontaniously combust. I have yet to contact Orion on that one cause I cannot fathom how they can possibly do that. Obviously Orion is not at fault, but actually the manufacturer of the capacitors are for they are not rating their capacitors correctly and then selling them to Orion for use in their products. I have still yet to contact the engineers at Orion to hear their story on this matter.
Instead of the 35v 3300uf caps, I am going to only use 50v 3300uf caps to replace them.

Purchased At:   I repair amps

Submitted by Damon Ivy a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 20, 2000

Bottom Line:
I have the orion xtr 800 including the xtr 400.4. I also am pumping 2 rockford fosgate punch DVC that are rated @ 1000w peaks and 500w RMS. I also built the box that rockford recomended for the enclosure in air space for the best performance out of the speaker. I have a problem with this though. The subs are hitting but it's not the kind of hitting bass you would expect to get out of the subs and I think it's the amp. I thought this amp would give those subs enough watts to just shake the hell out of my car but I was wrong. Right now I am currently building a bigger box that's open with ports. Maybe that will make it loader than the sealed one I have.
Damon Ivy

Submitted by Rusty Pattenaude a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 4, 2000

Bottom Line:
I also had an Xtreme 400, and it sounded great, but ever once and a while it would just start blowing fuses left and right. I checked all my wiring and nothing had changed. It did not do it all the time just once and a while. Over all a pretty good amp.

Submitted by Jordan Hauck a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 24, 2000

Bottom Line:
Excellant amp. as I have read all of these reviews I have come to one conclusion. All you people must have too low of resistance on this amp. This is a high VOLTAGE amp not high current. This amp likes higher resistance. And another thing. this amp runs so cool, never heats up like Rockford Fosgate.

PANAMAX: