NAD 2155 Amplifiers

4.67/5 (3 Reviews)

55 wpc 2 channel high current bridgeable amplifier with A/B speaker, soft clipping, 125w bridged, 4/8 ohm selection, capable of 250 w dynamic peak

Submitted by Harvey a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 11, 2016

Bottom Line:
I had the 7155 receiver and always wanted to pair it with a 2155 amp and run both in bridged mode, but could never pony up the money in the 1980s. I've had a few 2200s, about twice the power; I gave one to my grown son a couple of years ago. The other one developed a hum on 1 channel, so I put it aside and was looking for a great repair shop, but the 2 that I had in mind folded. About a year ago, I saw a 2155 on ebay, cheap! I bid on it, then saw another cheap one (sub $100), so I bid on that. Wouldn't you know, I won both. I bridged them and hooked them up to my KLH Model 23s (using a Yamaha RX-V1500 as a preamp), but something was lacking compared to the 2200; my wife, kids, and neighbors disagree, LOL. It's very good, just not great, as I remembered the 2200. They did blow one of my KEF 103.2s, unfortunately (the max output is 250 WPC on program peaks, which is the KEF max). I just picked up a 2400 amp 2 weeks ago for less than the price of the 2200 repair, so that will go to the KLH 23s, while my 7155 and 1 2155 will go into the BR (bridged) to power various speakers that I change out from time to time; I might use the remaining 2155 for my center channel and dedicate the R-XV 1500 to a pure preamp role. If you can pick one of these up for less than $125, go for it but if you get above $150, go for the 2200, 2400, 2600 or 2700; My 2400 was $180 shipped, a great deal. Good luck.

Submitted by Robert a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 16, 2009

Bottom Line:
I have used this amplifier for over 20 years, driving a pair of Magnapan SMGs, and just love the sound. Although I do not have a very large room, it is big enough, and I have never needed to turn up the volume more than about half way. Beautiful, crist sound. One of the output terminals is currently not functioning (I cannot drive two sets of speakers at the same time), and rather than replace this old beauty with a newer amplifier, I found a copy of the service manual at HiFiEngine.com, and will repair it. If you can find one of these on eBay or somewhere else, I recommend that you pick it up. You will not be sorry.

Submitted by zuben80r a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: April 8, 2009

Bottom Line:
Just what you'd expect from the boys at NAD: upper-class sound at a lower-class price. It doesn't add or take away from the material, just simply amplifies it by about 110 watts total! There's the rub, I've noticed it's limits in larger rooms with efficient speakers (XQ-1s). I've also used this to power a 10" JL sub in a small room and it did fantastic! If you can find two of these, NAD recommends bridging them so you have a 250 watt system, doubling the power with wonderful headroom. NAD seems to be vague about how to bridge this thing, so here's a link to a similar amp: http://terry.rudys.net/?p=687

CRIMSON: