Monster Cable MPA 2250 SS Amplifiers

4.67/5 (6 Reviews) MSRP : $2374.00

• Monster Mirrored Amplifier Technology
  • 250 watts per channel
  • High Current MOSFET output transistors
  • Balanced complimentary push-pull input stage

Submitted by DONUTFORME a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 31, 2007

Bottom Line:
I HAVE OWNED SEVERAL AMPS OVER THE YEARS. FIRST USED THIS WITH A B$K P5 WITH GOOD RESULTS. SINCE THE B&K IS NOT TRULY BALANCED, I RAN IT UNBALANCED. LATER I SWITCHED TO AN ARCAM P31. THE DIFFERENCE WAS IMMEDIATE. USED THE BALANCED CONNECTIONS FOR THE BEST RESULTS. THIS HAS TO BE ONE OF THE MOST SATISFYING COMBINATIONS THAT I HAVE EVER USED. TOTALLY NON FATIGUING. SOUND STAGE, DEPTH, CONTROL, ALL THERE., NO MATTER WHAT TYPE OF MUSIC I RAN THROUGH IT. THESE AMPS ARE MARSH DESIGNED AMPS, AND A VIRTUAL BARGAIN AT THE CLOSEOUT PRICES. I HAVE VIENNA ACOUSTICS CG BEETHOVENS . THEY ARE 4 OHM LOADS AND DEMAND A QUALITY HIGH POWERED AMP. THE MONSTER REALLY GRABS THESE AND MAKES THEM STAND UP STRAIGHT. SOME OF THE PREVIOUS AMPS THAT I TRIED WITH THESE SPEAKERS MADE THEM SOUND POLITE, COMPARED TO THE 2250. IF YOU HAVE THE RACK SPACE AND A GOOD BACK, THIS AMP IS WORTH A TRY. PARTICULARLY WITH SPEAKERS THAT ARE ON THE SOFT SIDE.

Purchased At:   EBAY/NEW

Submitted by Adrian L a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: June 15, 2006

Bottom Line:
This review is for the MPA 3250 not the two channel version. As these amps are essentailly mono blocks per channel, I believe there should be not accoustic difference.

Had the unit for a couple days running now and I must confess I cannot fault this amp! It is as open and dynamic as any of the amps I have previously owned. Very detailed, great bass, superb mids and highs. Not sure that this is a Krell killer, but as good or better than all amps listed below.

Vaule rating I gave is for the price I paid. I'm not sure this warrants the $3000 price tag that Monster lists, but definitely competes with anything in the $500 to $600 per channel range. Let's see how I like it after a 100 hours breaking . . . .

Purchased At:   e-bay

Submitted by amphandle a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: May 1, 2006

Bottom Line:
I really like the lights and heavy quality of this amp. I was hoping it would be as good or better than my Rotel RB-1090 amp 380watts per channel but it wasn't. It's nicer than a lot of the cheaper amps out but it doesn't have the clarity, and musical sound quality of my Rotel RB-1090 so I had to end up selling it on craigslist.
The Rotel RB-1090 is better by far, more watts, better clarity and detail, more real sounding and much smoother with no fatigue at all, but the Monster 2250 amp does sound much better than my Sony 100wpc amp. Sold the Monster 2250 amp and got another Rotel RB-1090 in place for that set of speakers and now all is great again.

Purchased At:   GoodGuys last day cl

Submitted by Rudager a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: April 10, 2006

Bottom Line:
I use to own the Denon POA-2800 which was what I thought was a good amplifier which it was but nothing like the Monster MPA2250SS.
I know there a going to be better amps out their then Monster such as Krell, Mark Levintson, etc, but for what I paid for the amp No I don't think so.
Monster's retail for the amp is $2,500.00 roughly which is hard to say if there isn't better out there for that some might say.

Purchased At:   Ebay

Submitted by comeup a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 11, 2005

Bottom Line:
Could not turn down the deal they had at the goodguys normaly costing 2999.00 had to buy. I first heard this monster with a cheap Yamaha receiver and could not believe how good it sounded it took all the brightness away from the yamaha and cleaned the sound and made the imaging so much better. I have the MPA 3250 which is the three channel instead of the two. Exact same amp other than the extra channel. 250 watts per channel it has crazy current it made lights flicker in my house when I really pumped it up. I was using a Rotel RMB 1075 for my home theater which is a dam good amp for the money, but just dosn't have the same ability as the Monster.I still use the Rotel for the rear speakers and I now can set up a 7.1 system. The Monster really brought out clarity like I never heard before. I said the same thing when I bought the Rotel. When do we get enough the system always gets better.I haven't really read alot of reviews on the Monster amp, but would like to say with my persoal experince the amp is an outstanding piece of equipment. Monster whats wrong with your marketing on this product theres nothing to read on non of your amps and they sound so so good.

Price Paid:    $2099.00

Purchased At:   goodguys closeout

Monster MPA 2250 SS

Monster MPA 2250 SS 2-channel power amp MSRP: $2,499.95 [url]http://www.monstercable.com/power/productPagePower.asp?pin=1902&LastPage=Amplifiers[/url]Read More »

Atlantic Technology :