LINN Klout
Description: 80w x2 Channels

Submitted by csacred a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 31, 2008

Bottom Line:
The Klout is a WONDERFUL amplifier. It is dynamic, involving, yet very smooth and easy to listen to, never fatiguing.
It sounds round, robust, full bodied, and reminds me of the analog warmth Rega CD players are famous for.
My set up: iTunes library from my Mac (Source) – Digital Toslink cable – Linn 5103 (Preamp) –
Linn Silver interconnects – Klout (amp) – K400 Linn speaker cables – Kef 104.3 speakers.
My intention was to create a lossless library but most of my compressed audio files sound already surprisingly good. The Klout has this ability to remove unwanted edges and sharpness! I love it.

Purchased At:   private

Submitted by davidluvsaudio a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 4, 2004

Bottom Line:
I have to concur with all the above reviews after owning one of these gems for 8 years. I last used it to power B&W 803 Nautilus power hogs. I used it with a Kairn (Brilliant power supply inside). I upgraded to a Klimax twin but found that it didn't go the best between the Kairn and 803N's. I now know that the Linn stuff should only put like for like (Kairn&Klout or Kontrol&'KTwin). The Klimax Twin should be partnered with the Kontol preamp only for intended results. I have recently been bit by the Vacuum tube bug and have changed to a VT-100 mk3 and Proac D15's and they go wonderful with my Kairn and source equipment. The D15's do not play as loud and have as rich bass as the 803N's, but they NEVER sound bad or obnoxious like the 803's can at often times. The Klout or a Chord spm1200c are probably the only two solid state amps I could go back to after being "Tubed".

Purchased At:   Audio Dimensions

Submitted by Monty Burns a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 2, 2003

Bottom Line:
I usually don't like the sound of Linn equipment (especially their speakers), but this amp is great. Bass, treble, soundstaging are all what I'm looking for. Very accurate reproduction of the music. It sounds much better than the Linn LK85/100/140...there really is no comparison.
Used with ProAc 1.5 speakers.

Submitted by Jeff a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 21, 2002

Bottom Line:
This is one great amplifier! I recently upgraded from an Aragon 4004 amplifier (a great amp in it's own right) and have been thrilled with the results. The bass response is absolutely rock solid and tuneful and the soundstaging is out of this world. To be honest, I was skeptical that there would be such a huge difference between amps of this quality, but I was shocked at the difference. It was like listening to my CDs for the first time all over again. I would whole-heartedly recommend this component to anyone looking for an amp in the $2000-$5000 range.

Just for the record, I am using the Klout in an all Linn system. I think Linn makes some truly fine equipment, but it often gets overlooked for its unique packaging and small size. I love these two qualities, but it seems to be a turn-off for some people. My recommendation is to trust your ears and you will be duly rewarded. Highly recommended!

Price Paid:    $2000.00

Submitted by Eldino a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: December 25, 2001

Bottom Line:
This amp seems to do exactly, what an audiophile power amp is supposed to do: It amplifies and delivers exactly the audio quality to the speakers, which it receives from the upstream signal chain. It does not add, nor does it cover up anything. And it never seems to run out of steem, even at high volumes and at very complex and dynamic sections. It (Linn) just does it right and is fun to listen to.