Linar Audio 250
Description: Output power 250W x 2 Noise -115 db below 250w Harmonic distortion <0.1% 20Hz-20Khz Frequency response 10Hz-80Khz +0-3db Input impedance 53 Kilohms Mass 55 lbs Dimensions 18"x7"x15" (LxHxD)

Submitted by veloyes a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: July 11, 2003

Bottom Line:
The Linar 250i is a must listen for those in the market for a powerful SS amp. This jewel has bass authority, and is natural and extended throughout. Incredible detail and transparency, but quite refined at the same time. Compared to a friend's Pass X250: the two are virtually indistinguishable, although the Pass seems to run out of steam sooner and tends to be a bit congested in complex orchestral passages in comparison to the Linar. On the dark side, the Pass is built to withstand nuclear attack, while the Linar chassis and finish are more modest. I'm not qualified to comment on the inner workings or materials. My friend is dismayed that his Pass cost $2k more than the Linar. Of course the Linar blows away my now second system amp, a Classe'DR9.

Related equipment:
Custom powercords

Purchased At:   Stereoholic

Submitted by Rabby a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: January 22, 2003

Bottom Line:
I am a Mark Levinson No. 331 owner and I am confident to say that you guys can spend less for better sound now.

I do not have time to write a prolonged review but this is a BLUE-BLOODED AMP with every detail of fineness, a serious hi-end contender to Mark Levinson and Krell, buy it before the company become famous and charge you twice the price!

Purchased At:   New York City

Submitted by Dimitri a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 22, 2003

Bottom Line:
One of the best products on the market for the price. I don't think that you will find anything better. You can't imagine the open sound and detail this amplifier has. I purchased one and I recommend you take a listen for yourself. You will not be disappointed.

Submitted by James Lodge a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 8, 2003

Bottom Line:
I bought this amp because I was looking for a high quality, high value amp with enough power to drive my Proac Response 3s. I’ve had the amp for about 9 months now and to my ears in my system it’s a great sounding amp. It’s always difficult to judge a single piece of audio equipment because there are so many variables(associated equipment, cables, room) but I can tell you that everyone who has heard my setup says it sounds great. I’m using the Linar W250 along with the Linar preamp #2, Sim Moon Eclipse and the Proac Response 3’s. The sound is articulate yet still warm and the sound stage is large and accurate. This setup sounds good with all types of music from Jazz to Rap although unfortunately poor recordings still sound like poor recordings. Overall I think the Linar W250 is a great amp, and a great value. Highly recommended!

Submitted by audio-phil a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 24, 2002

Bottom Line:
First I want to start with a line that may be a "no-no", but can't help it.
About the first review that would show a rating of -1 if it could...If only a sales rep would rate this a 5, only a competitor,and a jealous one at that, would rate it at 1 or 2...
Yes baby does this amp sing, and with the best of them. A friend of mine and I went around with this amp to comparo sessions.Blindfolded.That's the only way to go. 'Cause people tend to listen with their eyes and/or preconceived (biased) assumptions. And guess what? The LINAR 250 came out pretty impressively against much more expensive and renowned hifi gear.Before plunking down the hard earned $$$ do your wallet,and your ears, a BIG service and have a listen.Blindfolded.

Purchased At:   Distributor