Krell Full Power Balanced 200c
Description: The Full Power Balanced 200c Stereo Power Amplifier is designed for the audiophile who wants the ultimate sound quality from a stereo amplifier with power capabilities of 200 Watts per channel into 8 Ohm, 400 Watts per channel into 4 Ohm, and 800 Watts per channel into 2 Ohm loudspeaker loads.<br><br>- Fully balanced circuitry from input to output insures signal integrity, rejects noise, and improves signal-to-noise ratios to deliver a ""night and day"" sonic difference when compared to typical single-ended circuitry.<br>- Computer regulated power supply provides consistent sound quality at wide dynamic range regardless of fluctuating line voltages.<br>- Current mode operation ensures wide bandwidth and accurate harmonic reproduction for lifelike sound reproduction.<br>- Class A operation to full rated output redistributes minor distortion by-products and delivers clear transient sounds and harmonically correct overtones.<br>- Proprietary Krell output and driver transistors assure substantial output current capability.

Submitted by xupakabras a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: July 26, 2010

Bottom Line:
By coincidence I saw today the review that “canoa70” wrote

I'm the “friend” that took his home the Krell 200c and the KRC-3
The truth is that the Krell system is better in every aspect compared to the Chord system
The Chord system with Wireworld gold eclipse wiring was the worst sound tha I heard, analytical, cold, without any natural timbre.
My intention is to clarify potential buyers that the Krell 200c is an excellent amplifier
Today I have a Krell 300cx power amp's with a Hovland HP-200 pre-amp
The secret is to mix the strength, and Krell dynamics with a pre-amp Tube
To end I am a musician with many,many years of experience ... I know the tone and naturalness of the instruments ..
Each person has the right to have the system that think is the best, what is not right is someone make destructive criticism without having a sense of what are saying.

By the way he never had at home this equipment “Mark Levinson, Classe, Plinius, Bel Canto, etc”

There are audiophiles and unfortunately there are also the “audio-idiots”

Submitted by canoa70 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 8, 2004

Bottom Line:
I had a friend of mine bring his krell 200c over with the krc-3 preamp, and we compared it against my Chord SPM5000E power amp and CPA4000E preamp and the result was Chord 100 - Krell -10, the chord system simply killed the Krell in every aspect the system was:
Accuphase CD90/DP91
B&W Nautilus 802
Wireworld gold eclipse all over
Isotek mains conditioner

Submitted by honeywind a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 26, 2002

Bottom Line:
This is a fantastic amps. It provides me a strength and a high-resolution with incredible smoothness. It's perfect for the small monitor like my AE 2-signature.

I used Jeff's Concentra, Mark Levincen 332. The stage that 332 made was not bad but I couldn't cast away the idea that I had something missed in the sound.

One of my friends recommended me to change the power amp to krell FPB series.
I thought that FPB 200C would be better for my small speakers than the bigger FPBs.
Yes, It was a good choice, The sound-stage is not so close as the old krells and high and midrange is like liquid and smooth, bass is so tight and speedy and does not show off or isn't boosted. Dynamics...you know it's krell!!
Sound-stage is natural. Good matched with my Pass X-1(It's well balanced and natural pre-amp.)

The most different characters between Mark Levincen and Krell FPB is the distinctiveness of the sounds and naturalness of the stages.

Purchased At:   audiogon

Submitted by P Marcus a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 22, 2002

Bottom Line:
This is an amplifier that demands some effort and attention in how it is integrated into a complete system. I A-B tested this amp with a number of preamps, D/A, transports, and cables. I found out very quickly that the amp either exaggerated or added brightness and lost bass without a very well matched system. I found the sound I was hoping for with the Krell HTS2 A/V preamp, which surprised me since I expected an A/V preamp would sacrifice a great deal on the audio side. I found this chain supported the B&W Nautilus 802's very nicely with a beautiful purity from top to bottom. The Krell 200c gratefully lacks the colorations attributed to the previous KSA series which I also owned. I would also recommend the use of Siltech cables which did seem to offer some benefit to the quality of reproduction.

Purchased At:   Spearit Sound

Submitted by STEVE a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: November 15, 2001

Bottom Line:
I purchased this amp while doing some home renovations and my speakers were not in the correct listening position but I wanted to start breaking in the amp as soon as possibe. I start playing some cd's while painting a room that's on the second floor of my house. I suddenly realized that the sound was really good. I ran downstairs and just sat their for an hour in amazement that this amp out of the box was sensational. As mentioned above I owned alot of amps in search of that one that configures well with my unique listening room. They have ranged from Rotel, Levinson,Krell Kav, Classe and Sim. I think all of these products were very good however, there was something missing. I believe the FPB helped me find the missing piece. Recordings like Miles Davis "All blue" and Herbie Hancocks' "watermelon man" are life like. It's like their in my room playing their instruments.

Purchased At:   CSA AUDIO MONTCLAIRE, NJ