Krell KAV-1500
Description: 300W x 5 into 8 ohms 600W x 5 into 4 ohms

Submitted by Kim a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: July 8, 2001

Bottom Line:
I had a Sunfire amp and it burned up (actually caught on fire)with a 5 Martin Logan speaker setup. The Krell gets very hot but so far has held up. I notice Bob has ML's in a theater setup. Does that Krell get very hot? Suggest it might pay to have another Krell for stereo, or for the rears to avopid low impedance and high temps. Currently using a HTS Krell for 5 channel for the pre-amp.

Submitted by Henry Chen a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 8, 2001

Bottom Line:
This is one great amp. I have listened to many class AB multi-channel amps and this is the best. I wanted a multichannel amp for home theater which would not compromise on the sound quality for when I listen to 2-channel stereo music. This amp achieves both functions incredibly well.

I have been extremely happy with this amp. It delivers incredible highs and lows with great clarity. I have B&W Nautilus 801 speakers as my front main speakers, with HTM-1 as the center and Nautilus 805 as surrounds. I am just amazed at how clean and beautifully this amp drives even the Nautilus 801s.

If you are looking for an amp to build both a great home theater and stero music, look no further -- I highly recommend this amp.

Submitted by Michael a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 18, 2001

Bottom Line:
This is my second review for this amplifier as I am so impressed with it, I want you all to at least give it a listen. Huge soundstage, clarity and detail that I have not heard before. I can't wait till I hook up some B&M 802's as I heard this combination before and it was truly amazing.

Submitted by Bud a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 3, 2001

Bottom Line:
I recently purchased new speakers for my home theater.
Fronts - Martin Logan Odyssey's
Center - Martin Logan Theater
Rears - Martin Logan Aerius i's
At the time I was using a Sunfire Theater Grand amplifier, which is a great amp for the money. However I could tell these speakers were going to require something more, something special. After trying several I came across the Krell Kav 1500. WOW.... Words cannot describe how great this amp is. The soundstage is huge. The deepest base and the cleanest highs. It does it all. I really feel it's the best multi channel amplifier available at ANY costs. I would highly recomend doing whatever you must to get this amp into your system. You will be amazed at the result. No matter how great you think your system sounds now, adding this amp will astonish you.

Purchased At:   Audio Video Logic

Submitted by Billy Bob James a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: January 28, 2001

Bottom Line:
I agree this is a wonderful part of of my system. I have audtioned many and this one is the one of choice. I don't agree with the 'break in' period. I felt it sounds velvety, rich and fluid from min. one. I would also say that I really enjoy the rich harmonic resonance that I get when I stand on my head while listening...maybe it's the increased blood flow. I dont know. I also enjoy long walks in the park and reading.

Purchased At:   Best Buy