Jolida JD-1501
Description: 100 w/channel tube/mosfet hybrid amp

Submitted by robert a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 16, 2014

Bottom Line:
this is a great sounding amp with power. smooth, bass, highs are great. well balanced sound, and well suited to new age, jazz, and classical music. also folk. I do want to say that with the level one upgrade done at Jolida for only $200 is a great deal. What a difference that makes- so much clearer, better bass, and extended highs. stereo imaging is improved too. I am glad Petery-Hedden Co. talked me into this upgrade. I really enjoy this amp a lot. I have also listened to the 301A upgraded. Wonderful for a 30wpc inexpensive amp.

Submitted by railstoc a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 14, 2010

Bottom Line:
I haved owned this unit for over three years and the sound quality is excellent!

I purchased my unit direct from Jolida. I live ~15 minutes from the manufacturer in Annapolis Junction, MD. I met the owner. Was given a tour...very impressive! The owner offered to have me bring my Vandersteen 2Ce's to make sure I liked the sound before buying. I had thought about swapping tubes (something that was mentioned when researching) but, the owner said..."if you just crank Rock n Roll" you might be satisfied with the sound...just an option. I thought about going straight tube. I bought the hybrid and never looked back!

Product model year:   2007

Submitted by gina a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 18, 2010

Bottom Line:
This extremely musical intergrated tube amp is a amazing value i paid 650$ for used , ,variable inputs,outputs,great sound for the price,good designed unit. you must hear. itis more similar to the Primaluna 2 integrated amplifier i used to have ...with more power good recordings,voices are very good comes alive, the stock chinese 12AX7A driver tubes must be changed. is it.HIGHLY RECOMMENDED...

Submitted by mkletecka a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 23, 2009

Bottom Line:
Ah reviews, which I find can be biased/misleading/overblown and/or justifying ones purchase. With this in mind, please take my review in that regard and drill down deep and research, for each of our wants and needs are different.

In short, there is a lot of great equipment out there to choose from, and to say one is dramatically better than the other is oftentimes a lie. Also, there is a lot of equipment out there that has experienced tinkled down technology/reduced cost due to being manufactured in China and because of that benefits us the end-user and also saves us money.

As for the Jolida 1501RC (which was recommend to me for my new $3K complete system!) and based on having owned a variety of various well know, fairly expensive American/Euro and Chinese made equipment, is that “I” one reporters opinion find the 1501RC to be just plain excellent regardless of cost. Which is a bold statement, but none the less true, at least to my ears anyway? In closing, if you are looking for a somewhat high-power integrated amp, but also like the sound of tubes, this “hybrid” is must audition. In closing, I want to thank Gary at Affordable Audio for creating/putting together a system that is as good and in “many” ways exceeds my old $12K+ system, in fact I will go so far as to say this “is” the most “enjoyable” system I have had.

Mike K.

Product model year:   2009

Submitted by wpm a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: April 5, 2008

Bottom Line:
The Jolida JD-1501A solid-state/vacuum tube hybrid integrated amplifier and Jolida JD-100A vacuum tube CD player. I purchased these components as a pair so the context of this review reflects the use of both units.

This is the combo that will have all the big-rig makers afraid. Three reasons: first, they are made in China. Second, they are inexpensive. Third, and most importantly, they sound awesome! Well, I can add a forth to this list; they are very well made, too.

No need to wax over what other reviewer’s have already said, except to add that this paring has replaced an “all-tube” USA made, mono-block system valued at over $5K. I have absolutely no regrets in selling off the mono system; I only wish I had stumbled upon these Jolida’s before shelling out all that green.

If, like me, you have grown tired of perpetually swapping out audio gear, then this is the system for you. It’s one that you can simply set-up and immediately start enjoying the music with. Forget about the “high-end” components. Rubbish! This system makes music, plain and simple.

From top to bottom this system delivers. It is transparent, dynamic, and the bass on my Vandersteen 1B’s has never sounded better. Right out of the box they sounded fabulous, but give them some break-in time and everything opens up and smoothes out.

I experimented with different tubes and found that, for my ears and liking, a pair of Amperex 12AU7’s (yes, 12AU7’s can be used) in the amp and Penta Labs 12AX7’s in the CD player sounded best. Your results may vary, so experiment to your heart’s content. There’s no wrong combination.

I am very pleased with these two Jolida products and they will be with me for a very long time. And, the nicest thing is that I was able to purchase a 50-inch plasma television with the left over money from the mono amp system sale!