Jolida JD-1501
Description: 100 w/channel tube/mosfet hybrid amp

Submitted by railstoc a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 14, 2010

Bottom Line:
I haved owned this unit for over three years and the sound quality is excellent!

I purchased my unit direct from Jolida. I live ~15 minutes from the manufacturer in Annapolis Junction, MD. I met the owner. Was given a tour...very impressive! The owner offered to have me bring my Vandersteen 2Ce's to make sure I liked the sound before buying. I had thought about swapping tubes (something that was mentioned when researching) but, the owner said..."if you just crank Rock n Roll" you might be satisfied with the sound...just an option. I thought about going straight tube. I bought the hybrid and never looked back!

Product model year:   2007

Submitted by gina a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 18, 2010

Bottom Line:
This extremely musical intergrated tube amp is a amazing value i paid 650$ for used , ,variable inputs,outputs,great sound for the price,good designed unit. you must hear. itis more similar to the Primaluna 2 integrated amplifier i used to have ...with more power good recordings,voices are very good comes alive, the stock chinese 12AX7A driver tubes must be changed. is it.HIGHLY RECOMMENDED...

Submitted by mkletecka a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 23, 2009

Bottom Line:
Ah reviews, which I find can be biased/misleading/overblown and/or justifying ones purchase. With this in mind, please take my review in that regard and drill down deep and research, for each of our wants and needs are different.

In short, there is a lot of great equipment out there to choose from, and to say one is dramatically better than the other is oftentimes a lie. Also, there is a lot of equipment out there that has experienced tinkled down technology/reduced cost due to being manufactured in China and because of that benefits us the end-user and also saves us money.

As for the Jolida 1501RC (which was recommend to me for my new $3K complete system!) and based on having owned a variety of various well know, fairly expensive American/Euro and Chinese made equipment, is that “I” one reporters opinion find the 1501RC to be just plain excellent regardless of cost. Which is a bold statement, but none the less true, at least to my ears anyway? In closing, if you are looking for a somewhat high-power integrated amp, but also like the sound of tubes, this “hybrid” is must audition. In closing, I want to thank Gary at Affordable Audio for creating/putting together a system that is as good and in “many” ways exceeds my old $12K+ system, in fact I will go so far as to say this “is” the most “enjoyable” system I have had.

Mike K.

Product model year:   2009

Submitted by wpm a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: April 5, 2008

Bottom Line:
The Jolida JD-1501A solid-state/vacuum tube hybrid integrated amplifier and Jolida JD-100A vacuum tube CD player. I purchased these components as a pair so the context of this review reflects the use of both units.

This is the combo that will have all the big-rig makers afraid. Three reasons: first, they are made in China. Second, they are inexpensive. Third, and most importantly, they sound awesome! Well, I can add a forth to this list; they are very well made, too.

No need to wax over what other reviewer’s have already said, except to add that this paring has replaced an “all-tube” USA made, mono-block system valued at over $5K. I have absolutely no regrets in selling off the mono system; I only wish I had stumbled upon these Jolida’s before shelling out all that green.

If, like me, you have grown tired of perpetually swapping out audio gear, then this is the system for you. It’s one that you can simply set-up and immediately start enjoying the music with. Forget about the “high-end” components. Rubbish! This system makes music, plain and simple.

From top to bottom this system delivers. It is transparent, dynamic, and the bass on my Vandersteen 1B’s has never sounded better. Right out of the box they sounded fabulous, but give them some break-in time and everything opens up and smoothes out.

I experimented with different tubes and found that, for my ears and liking, a pair of Amperex 12AU7’s (yes, 12AU7’s can be used) in the amp and Penta Labs 12AX7’s in the CD player sounded best. Your results may vary, so experiment to your heart’s content. There’s no wrong combination.

I am very pleased with these two Jolida products and they will be with me for a very long time. And, the nicest thing is that I was able to purchase a 50-inch plasma television with the left over money from the mono amp system sale!

Submitted by abcxyz a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 5, 2008

Bottom Line:

The 1501A gives me the best sound for the money! After hearing all the British amps near its price-point, none of them came close to giving the dynamics and sweetness I get from this hybrid amp. It may not just be intro amp for some while waiting on other gear but perhaps your last one if you are trying to stay on a budget. The 1501A presents the tube warmth in its preamp stage that all solid state integrateds can not compete with at this price-point. If you are like me and want an amp with minimal features that will not obstruct the signal path and degenerate the sound, this is a great amp to check out while it is still at a reasonable price! This hybrid amp is closer to separates in its sound than the other ss integrateds at this price-point. I had the Modulus 3A tubed preamp with a Belles 150 Hot Rod ss amp before and you still need 2 interconnects that match well and more circuitry affects the signal. With the 1501A, you eliminate that extra interconnect between the preamp and the amp which maintains or improves the signal performance. The 2 tubes in the preamp section are just there if you do not want to hassle with them or if venture to experiment with other tubes (tube-rolling), after the amp has over a 1oo hours of playing time or more, trying the Sovteks 12ax7s improves the clarity of the sound still more.
When I match the 1501A with the Vandersteen 1Cs (which are just a bit laid-back sounding), it gives me a top to bottom sound performance on these speakers. They are really a great match together! For more forward attack, I now have the Quad 12L monitors also and these speakers love the 100 wpc solid state power that the 1501A can deliver! While I also now have an all tube amp, the 1501A is still with me as a back-up for listening sessions with a quicker and tighter bass slam that only solid-state amps can deliver especially on various kinds of Rock music.

Purchased At:   Wally Underwood HI-F