Jadis DA-60 Amplifiers

(See reviews)

Submitted by darwis setiawan a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 18, 2009

Bottom Line:
This amp is very sweet . I buy this amp from secondary market about 3500 USD. I think I was very lucky to have this one. My system is jadis Ja3, speaker Dunlavy SC III , advance pyramyd 150 and analysis plus oval 8 cable, audio quest rca cable..its very nice and sweet system have ever found... thank's to jadis

Submitted by carl11529 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: November 9, 2004

Bottom Line:
I traded up from Ensemble Animata to Reference on top of the Profundo subwoofers. Woo what a difference! Much more delicate in treble (an Ensemble trademark) and solid in bass. However, the Audion Silver Night (Push Pull version) is no longer juicy enough. I switch to a Jadis DA-60 and am in Audio Nirvana.
I brought DA-60 back home to try on my beloved Sonus Faber Extrema. No problem at all!!! Although it does not have the control and warmth of my RCA vintage tube theater amps (150W), DA-60 did a very decent job. And if you know how notorious Extrema is for power hunger, you would know the potential of DA-60. I used to try a Boulder 500ae (SS 150W) and it cannot handle Extrema, only a bridged pair of Boulder’s can power Extrema adequately.
My DA-60 comes with EI KT99. Will switch to Tung Sol 6550 in due time.

Submitted by yves a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: October 18, 1999

Bottom Line:
This amp is really great, excellent musicality and it feels lot more powerful than expected, the bass are deep and clean, the midrange is really amazing for an amp of that category, but of course I like the "tube sound". Note, I have the KT90 version

Submitted by Jack G a

Date Reviewed: August 1, 1997

Bottom Line:
A footnote to my earlier comments. This amp is *very* versitile. It will take a large range of output tubes, and is autobiasing. it comes with 6550A's witch are fair, so I upgraded to 6550C's, witch are much better in all areas. I also tried KT-90's-these gave *incredable* bass, that was DEEP and TIGHT-more so than I tthought my speakers could put out.The treble was very extended, and smooth.The soundstage went from my speakers to Miami. Unfortunately, the mids were rather threadbare, and left me unsatisfied. I just (recently) got Tesla KT-88's, and these have turned out to be rather interesting, and the tonal opposite of the KT-90's. Very sweet(not syrupy) midrange and treble with TONS of detail.Yes, i heard things I never heard on old favorites before. The soundstage is good, but not as good as the KT-90's(no surprise). The bass is deep, but not as deep as the KT-90's but MUCH better controled than the 6550C's. I suspect these tubes aren't completely broken in yet(been running them for 48hrs.)-they'll only get better. Regardless of which tubes I end up with, I got this amp, new, at roughly 1/2 price-the best buy on equipement I ever made. definitely a 5+ rating, and I apreciate it more every day.

Submitted by Jack G a