Cinepro 1K2 SE Amplifiers

4.56/5 (9 Reviews) MSRP : $2495.00

375 watts

Submitted by Mike a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 29, 2001

Bottom Line:
I have begun my trek into separates and I began by upgrading my speakers to Diva 6.1's, C3 and R3's. I then added a Bryston amp and then the Cinepro as these were the two I narrowed my choices to. The Bryston amp was great and I could also give it a 5. However, the Cinepro was more open and clear. The Bryston seemed a litle harsh on the upper notes but not so with the Cinepro. It sounds better and better each day. I may not have given the Bryston enough time and I really wanted to keep it with the 20 year warranty but again the Cinepro just gave me the open, clear soundstage that I was hoping for. Eric, the president of Cinepro provided great customer service as did James Tanner at Bryston. I would have been plesed with either of these amps but the Cinepro remains.

Price Paid:    $2000.00

Purchased At:   Direct from Cinepro

Submitted by Brad a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 27, 2001

Bottom Line:
Recently, my Yamaha M80 power amp failed after 17 years of faithful service. I borrowed the Cinepro from Quintessence Audio in Morton Grove (a friend owns Quintessence) after reading great press reports. I have now used it for about a month now. I was surprised to hear what I have been missing! This amp has great power and reveals every nuance in music and movies, probably attributed to the fact that it runs in pure Class A up to 25 wpc. Even though it operates in Class A most of the time, it runs cool. Needless to say, after listening for a while, I called Quintessence and purchased it.

I highly recommend Cinepro products. They are built to last and sound great.

Purchased At:   Quintessence Audio

Submitted by ken kwan a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 3, 2000

Bottom Line:
i have the 1k2, not the se version.

my front end are adcom 750 cd player and 750 preamp. i like the detail/analytical sound. the amp sounds 'fast' and amazingly 'clear' at low level. i compare to the proceed amp, and 1k2 simply wins in terms of resolution and again, speed. i listen to 99% symphonic and piano stuffs, i don't think the sound(piano tone) is sweet, but it is accurate. strings sound is gutsy ! not smoothed out.

support is also execellent. i have a defective balanced input module on 1 channel and they sent me a replacement right away.

Purchased At:   cinepro, direct

Submitted by Jim a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: August 21, 2000

Bottom Line:
Great amp for the money! I have the 1k2, not the more expensive SE. List is $1600, but I think they must have tremendously satisfied customers like me, because these are rarely for sale used. If you see one, grab it. Extra power for transients with 3.5db of headroom.Smooth, never harsh, with appropriate, not overbearing bass. Fairly transparent, and will show the strenghths/weaknesses of your system. I'd buy another one in a heart beat. Someone at the company told me that this amp was designed with Martin Logan Quest speakers as the reference. Electrosatic speakers can be very demanding, and this amp handles mine easily.

My system:

Harmonic Technology Melody speaker cables

Purchased At:   Audiogon

Submitted by Jeff a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 8, 1999

Bottom Line:
I recently bought a Cinepro 1K2 amp and I am very pleased. It makes my NHT 2.5i speakers really sound great. I auditioned a Acurus A100 and this amp did little to impress me. The 1K2 fills the room with very clean and musical sound. I connected my amp, preamp and cd through DIY interconnects as detialed on BIG MATT's page. I give the amp 4 stars, as I've never heard the really expensive stuff and don't care if I do.

Premier Mounts: