Cary Audio Design CAD 211M Amplifiers

250 watts - 90 watts Class A (pair)

Submitted by brainwater a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 29, 2003

Bottom Line:
Running my Nearfield Pipedream 21 system , the Cary 211 monoblocs have taken the system to unimaginable heights. Deeply detailed and ultra rich in its ability to convey the "character" of an instrumnent , the Carys will simply astound . With lightning quick response and the ability to expose the minute details of the recording space by illuminating the ambient cues , you are helplessly sucked into the music. With its lush , deep soundfield , you are tempted to call them bloody romantic but the incredible detail keeps you sober in your respect of its balance . Costly but a bargin to these ears. My search has ended.

Purchased At:   a-v columbia sc

Submitted by PAT-A a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 16, 2003

Bottom Line:
these mono blocks i purchased from john rutan of audio connection in verona 973 239-1799 he told me about6 months ago they would open up my b&w 802'. they did. the depth and sound stage filled my room engulfed me in a world of pure ecstasy. the mid bass and the treble was so detailed and muscial my jaw dropped. if its tubes yo like the cary sound is sweet and musical.

Purchased At:   AUDIO CONNECTION NEW

Submitted by John a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 2, 1999

Bottom Line:
These amps are amazing. Soundstage is wide and deep. Instrumental and vocal timbers are very accurate.

The A/AB switch upgrade is well worth the cost. Not only does it allow you to switch the amps into 250W AB (party mode) but as a side benifit the feedback in the 6sn7 circuit is removed. WOW! It's amazing but this mod not only increases the flexability of the amps but also improves the sound in class A mode.

Submitted by MITCH a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 31, 1999

Bottom Line:
My previous amplfier was a Krell FPB300. I was content with the Krell paired with my Thiel CS6's until I heard the Cary SLM200's. I then auditioned the 211m's and finally have ended my equipment merry-go-round. Coupled with the Audio Research Reference Two, I sit enthralled with the music. I no longer sit and nit-pick the sound. I never would have dream these 80 watt per channel, pure triode, pure Class A amplifiers could drive the CS 6's in a room 25' x 25' and 12' ceilings to levels as loud as I can stand. I was a die hard solid state person ( Classe, Krell) until I heard these. I would be awfully suprised if anyone auditioning high priced amps listened to these and was able to return.
Truly an outstanding product.

CSB 1206 BLK: