Cary Audio Design CAD 200
Description: <ul> <li>Power Output: 2x200 watts</li> <li>Signal to Noise: >100dB</li> <li>Input Sensitivity: 1.42 Volts </li> <li>Voltage Gain: 27.2 dB</li> <li>Frequency Response: 10Hz to 50kHz</li> </ul>

Submitted by Roberto a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: January 21, 2010

Bottom Line:
I'll echo what Pyle says. A wonderful amp. I've had many many amplifiers but this one is the best I've ever heard. Run it balanced. Give it good power and a good cord. Case is kinda resonant so a good stand and some loading on the top helps. You'll be very richly rewarded with really really tubelike sound with rock solid bass. I have a PS Audio PPP and that really brings it to a wow this is unbelievable level.

I had no problems with the binding posts but I may replace just to squeeze a bit more out of it.

Product model year:   2009

Submitted by Pyle a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 7, 2005

Bottom Line:
For an amp in this price range this should be one of the best. It has a tube like openness with all the control you would expect from a solid state amp. Extension is good and it has all the power you should need. I found in my system that this amp reproduces piano better than any I've heard. It just sounds real. That is a pretty unique trait for modestly priced amps. I will say that the binding post nuts are about the cheapest I've encountered. I stripped the plastic part off one of them and completely stripped the threads on another. I'm in the process of repairing this. Should be doable.

Price Paid:    $2000.00