Carver Audio AV-806X Amplifiers

133w x6 or 360w x3 - THX

Submitted by eric schrott a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 16, 2002

Bottom Line:
This is the best amp i have ever heard! It has more than enough power to drive my 6 cerwin vega 15" 3-ways with ease. I have yet to hear the amp clip even slightly at incredibly high volumes. The sound quality is truly amazing. The highs are warm and clear and the bass is well defined and not at all distorted.

Submitted by Buddy Thompson a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: March 5, 2001

Bottom Line:
I have owned this amp for almost a year now and I still can't get over what a beautiful sound this amp puts out. If you like a warm, lush sound then this amp is for you. If you like bright sounding amps....look elsewhere.

Specs:

THX certified
6 channels @ 135 watts each into 8 ohms
Uses "power steering" technology
2 channels are bridged creates 365 watts per channel into 8 ohms
can be used as a 3,4,5 or 6 channel amp

I simply can't say enough about how nice this amp is. They are rather hard to find so if you can find a used one for around $1200 or less......I'd jump all over it!! It is worth every penny. Especially now with the multi channel outputs....6 channels can come in VERY handy.

I have no reservation about giving this product 5 starts for both value and overall performance.

Purchased At:   High End Electronics Store (B&M)

Submitted by Mark a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: March 29, 2000

Bottom Line:
Here's a review on this amp: www.sonic.net/soundscape/cv29_806.html
Bought mine for $660 refurbished and it works great.
This and 5 NHT SuperOnes and you got a great system.
Check out www.onecall.com for good prices, refer me!

Submitted by Michael Franzese a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 16, 1999

Bottom Line:
Carver AV-806x amp is absolutely spectacular. It sounds smooth and not harsh like other amps that I audition. If you can still find one new or use, I recommend you buy it. I feel I was lucky enough to find this one brand new and at a great price.

Submitted by scott a a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: September 6, 1999

Bottom Line:
I have never seen a review anywhere on this amp.I have owned a Carver AV-705X in the past.The 705X is a fine amp but no even close in quality to the 806X.The 806X is a much smoother amp while the 705X tends to get harsh at higher volumes.In fairness to the 705X,I prefer a warmer sounding amp to a brighter one.The 806X can be configured to a 6,5,4,or 3 channel amp.Any two channels can be bridged to produce 360 watts at 8-ohms or 600 watts at 4-ohms.I believe that this amp is the most under-rated amp that Bob Carver ever produced.Stereophile Guide to Home Theater uses this as oneof their referance amps.Please give it a try-you won't be disappointed.

Duration Product Used:   a Casual Listener