Audio Research ARC VT-100 Amplifiers

Submitted by Steven Dey a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 14, 2007

Bottom Line:
This is a great amplifer the tone it produces in incredible. Creamey smooth midrange.
Great highs and thundering lows. Audio research had a real winner with this one
Too bad they quit production on this amazing amplifer.

Purchased At:   Private sale

Submitted by swsmusic30 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: September 7, 2002

Bottom Line:
I bought this amp used and I had it for three years, I liked it so much my system is now all audio research. I upgraded to a new VT100 MKIII.

Submitted by david a an Audiophile

Date Reviewed: June 24, 1998

Bottom Line:
I have owned several high-end speakers and finally settled for a pair of SonusFaber Extrema. I thought I needed more power than what the VT-100 can offer, so
I start searching for high power solid state. I tried Classe CA-400, Krell FPB-300, Levinson 333, and Plinius SA-250. Am I glad I own the VT-100! All four solid state represents the best on earth of the time, but they just don't sing like the VT-100. VT-100 still has the most natural decay, bloom, and tonal balance compared to all. A lot of you guys might argue tubes create euphonic bloom in midrange, but I live right next to a Steinway for three years and I know what they sound like in real life.

This is simply one of the best amp on earth for the price. If you have too much money, get the VT-200 or even the Reference 600. Save yourself some hassle and enjoy the music, not searching for the next love of the month.

Duration Product Used:   an Audiophile

Submitted by Peter Rudy a an Audiophile

Date Reviewed: February 20, 1998

Bottom Line:
This has to be one of the most amazing amplifers. ARC keeps making amps that sound better and cost less. I have heard VT-150's and Premiers 8 specials and the VT100 is a sonic equal at a fraction of the price. If you are not feeding a power hungry system, there is none better than the VT 100

Duration Product Used:   an Audiophile