ATI Audio AT2505 Amplifiers

4.59/5 (17 Reviews)

250 watt rms x 5 channel Home Theater Amp

Submitted by Dan L. a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 9, 2013

Bottom Line:
This is just an update to say that these 2 each ATI AT2505 Amps are still working flawlessly and have been used at least 5 days a week since I first purchased them. 15 years ago and still going strong. I Love these amps and will not part with them. These are just a bullet proof superb sounding product by a first rate manufacturer.

Submitted by sd5659 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 10, 2010

Bottom Line:
I have now owned two of these ATI 2505 Amplifiers for 9 years and they have always worked flawless. If anybody has problens with "HUM" be sure to use a a ground lift adaptor or cut off the ground prong on the power cord plug. Your audio system should never haver more than one grounded component because it will usually cause a ground loop "HUM".
I would happily purchase these amplifiers again.
5 Stars again
Dan L.

Submitted by gina a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 26, 2009

Bottom Line:
very impressed with the sound. The ability of this amp to reproduce the full impact of 5 channel movie soundtracks Even at relatively moderate listening levels this amp is absolutely incredible at revealing ever natural and detail. This is the kind of power needed for an involved home theater set up. .You will love the quality of NATURAL SOUND .. At higher volumes, it never really seems "loud," but it is...it's just so clear! really rocks! In "The Haunting," it felt like it was my own house that was collapsing around me! I'd have to say that you'd have to spend a lot more money to achieve a better sounding amp for the money. It's just beautiful. Music CDs I've heard many times never sounded better. I love this amp!

Product model year:   2008

Submitted by dimilino a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 2, 2009

Bottom Line:
This amp is for those who want the best sounding multi channel amplifier and one of the best musical sounding amps as well. Clean sound, tight extended bass, powerful enough to move almost any speaker without a problem. Not much to say, this is one of the best sounding multi channel amplifier period. If you mostly listen to music but want something that does movies as well then this is a great choice. Built like a tank.

Product model year:   2008

Submitted by rsmcphee a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: July 1, 2003

Bottom Line:
Associated Components:
Speakers: Center: Martin Logan Cinema, Front (left/right): Martin Logan Ascent, Surround Rear: Martin Logan Scenario
Subwoofer: Infinity HPS-1000 (1000 watts)
Speaker wire: Audioquest GR 8
Interconnects: Nordost Blue Heaven
Processor: Rotel RSP 1066 CD player: NAD 541i
DVD/CD players: Pioneer Elite DV-c36 and Sony NC 650V SACD/DVD/CD Player. Power Conditioner: Monster Cable HTS-1000.

I am blessed with a good career but I am not wealthy so I really had to select well on this purchase. I am in search for an amplifier that conveys music and movies accurately. In my quest, I auditioned Sherbourn 5/5210, Classe’ CAV-180, Krell (entry level), Outlaw 755, Rotel RMB-1095, and Pass Labs X5. The Sherbourn 5/5210 was powerful and dynamic enough for home theater applications but under performed with music. It sounded as if it was struggling to drive the Martin Logans. Martin Logans are definitely not ideal for the Sherbourn 5/5210. The Krell sounded great but it was a bit expensive for what you get. The Outlaw 755 is a good amplifier that could drive the Martin Logans. It sounded open but had an edge in the upper frequency. It was entertaining and a good choice but I was still not satisfied. The Classe’ CAV-180 was an outstanding choice. It reminded me of a very high-end amplifier. It is a relative bargain for $4000 but I was not willing to gamble on lack of dealership support in Arizona. The local dealer here had Rotel RMB-1095. This is a highly regarded amplifier as well. It was recommended in Stereophile and other periodicals. My impression was that it was smooth sounding and dynamics were respectable too. The bass was its shortcoming. It could not produce music with complex bass. I wanted to like the Rotel so much because it was affordable but it just did not address my needs. The Pass Labs X-5 is also a great candidate. This amplifier is popular choice but lacked the power I needed. Finally, I auditioned the ATI-2007. This was highly recommended by Art Brett of Brett Interiors (520-733-9896), a hi-fi dealer here in Tucson, Arizona. I must admit I did not really know ATI, but I decided to give it a try since the dealer seemed trustworthy and knowledgeable. To my surprise, this amplifier sounded great out of the box. It did not have the edge of the Outlaw and sounded smooth also like the Rotel. It sounded like the Classe’s CAV-180 but it was just $1000 cheaper in a 7-channel version. The Classe’ was very good indeed but it was hard to justify $4000 investment where you can buy the ATI-2007 for $3000 with more power and more channels. This amplifier is a profound bargain for $3000. Its dynamics, bass reproduction and mid-range frequency were impressive for the money. Voices sounded natural and instruments are well-spaced. The sound is big and effortless. I loved it the moment I connected it and I continue to appreciate its talents each passing day.

Purchased At:   Brett Interior