ATI Audio AT1807 Amplifiers

• Power Cord: Detachable
  • Circuit Boards: Double-sided

Submitted by upsetdog a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 10, 2006

Bottom Line:
I'll try to keep this short and sweet. When I made the move from a receiver to separates I needed an amp that had seven channels and was not gonna cost me a kidney .I looked at all of the usual suspects and found ATI by accident. I did some research, read some reviews and talked to a few people that had some knowledge of the product. I bought the 1807 last year and have not regretted it for a minute. It drives an Anthem avm 30 along with B&W 805's across the front and the SCMS' for the surrounds and rears.
With 180 wpc all channels driven were all smiles over here.
Movies will sound like movies are suppose to sound, and with this amp in place you'll miss nothing. But the music. I listen to more music then I watch movies and this amp can deliver and image too. With sacd and dvd-a, the music just seems to float in the air. The dynamics are there. The soundstage is there along with the micro dynamics and all of the little nuances I was missing with a receiver.
There are a couple of things you should be aware of. First, get a better power cable. You will need one with a 20 amp iec to the amp end. I bought the Magic Power powercord from Signal Cable. Huge difference for the better. Also this thing will get hot. IMO this is the best kept secret in home audio. There really are no real short comings here.

Wood Technology: