ATI Audio AT1506 Amplifiers

4.81/5 (16 Reviews)

6 Channel Power Amp

Submitted by Big Pat a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 11, 2009

Bottom Line:
To whom this may concern. I'm a small business owner, in 1999 I installed 3 AT1506's at three different jobs. Two homes and one resturant these amp's have never been turned off. They've just been kept dust free. I just wanted to tell you that this is a great amp.
Not only does it sound good, it was built to last. Good work.

Sincerly Patrick Cook
Cook Custom Installations
"Sure Sounds Good"

Submitted by travk13 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: May 5, 2005

Bottom Line:
great ~~~~~ power ,, uncolored ... dynamic.. used with all tannoy dual conc speakers .. and is amazing .. no overbearing highs at high vol... ps i want a ati pre pro but $$$ anyone know where to find resonable ..>>??

Submitted by Michael a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: January 17, 2002

Bottom Line:
This overall is an excellent amplifier. It's strengths outweigh it's faults. I tried it both bridged and standard. I personally prefer standard, because the bridged mode seemed out of phase. Bass reproduction was the best I have heard at any price without a separate sub. Excellent for rock, rap, or country, but jazz and classical sound a bit distant or hollow. the soundstage is pushed back a little by a dull upper midrange. i listened to it on two different sets of speakers and it sounded very good on my Vonschweikert VR-2000 (Their current replacement is $3500) but was slightly harsh on my Energy C-6's about ($1200). I would use soft domes or expensive metal domed tweeters. Very good, but it just dosn't have that intimate cozey sound that other amps have. i.e. Linn, Mcintosh, Tube amps.

I liked it and if I wasn't a perfectionist I would have kept it for my system. For home theater I think it is probably unbeatable short of the big boys, and you know who they are.

Purchased At:   Ebay

Submitted by Kevin a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 14, 2001

Bottom Line:
I've had my two ATI 1506 amps for about a year now and they perform great in my system. I'm running them in bridged mode, and I'm feeding it with a Lexicon MC-1, powering NHT SuperTwo speakers, with an NHT VT1-C center. The center will be switched to an Aerial CC-5 later this month. The amps run pretty warm, and have to be turned on manually on the front panel, that's my only gripes with this amp. Other than that, I have no complaints. Great value for what you get. I paid about $2600 for both amps delivered. I'll give it 5 stars for value, this much power at the price is hard to beat. Overall rating is a 4.

Submitted by Wayne a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 7, 2001

Bottom Line:
The ATI AT1506 is an outstanding value. This amp competes with the high-end models for a fraction of the price. The AT1506 combines two presentations that you rarely find together in amplifiers, warm sound with an upfront detailed image. The soundstage is what sets this amp apart from all pretenders, simple put phenomenal. If you are looking for bass slam in the un-bridged mode this amp is not for you. However, if you are looking for a sophisticated (warm) sound with lots of detail you can't go wrong with the 1506. Since I use the ATI AT1506 with Klipsch Legend (KLF 20) speakers, I do not utilize the bridged mode. The ATI operates in class A up to 15 watts.

Atlantic Technology :