AMC CVT-2030A Amplifiers

4.82/5 (11 Reviews) MSRP : $900.00

30W/ch class A tube output, MOSFET input

Submitted by sa a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 6, 2013

Bottom Line:
The AMC is magical! Inside is a genie with 4 tubes that grants all your audio wishes! No mores sitting around trying to analyze the music thinking you could add this and that to it You have the pleasure of doing what audiophiles rarely get to do-enjoy the music! Try to buy one with the removable tubes so you can experiment rolling other tubes. This baby has a soundstage that extends beyond the speakers that is deep and rich with detail. It excels with stringed instruments and vocals. You can hear the decay in the strings and you can feel the emotion in the voices, especially female. The bass is taunt and deep with detail and dimension. Voices appear out of dead quiet background and are absolutely smooth! High end is sweet and makes a true presentation. I have had more amps than allowed by the laws of greediness and this one by far been one of my favorites with the Jeff Rowland 5 being on the same list. If opportunity avails itself you won't be disappointed. Plug it in and let it warm for a couple of hours, that makes the genie happy and he will churn out sweet music for you.

Submitted by rleach a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 13, 2009

Bottom Line:
Ihave had AMC 2030 tube amplifier and 1030 tube pre-amp for over 15years and when all is working right there is no better system for the money that I know of. Over the last 7 years I have had my components serviced by AMC's authorized service company, Retrodaze Audio run by Brent Hite. I can testify that I received uncommon service from this most knowledgeable owner. Brent has taken my calls at all hours and always listens well to my concerns or issues and responds with a wealth of knowledge about tubes and circuitry and audio equipment in general. There is no one I feel more confident in repairing or upgrading my AMC equipment. In fact after a recent upgrade of my 2030 amplifier, I hear more powerfully the music from my system and with more clean lines than ever before. It is fortunate that owners of AMC equipment have so uncommon a service and repair person and company to go to as one has with Brent Hite and his Retrodaze Audio company.

Submitted by steven tom a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: July 26, 2006

Bottom Line:
I brought my modified Dynaco ST-70 in the shop and switched between the two amps for about 15 minutes before I packed this amp n my car. It is in another class than the old Dynaco die-hard, and though I loved it while for a decade, I can't look back. The EH tubes in the system resulted in a softer top end, and replacing with Siemens EL-34 were the best results I've had. The EH EL-34 were brighter and possibly more dynamic, but the Siemens brought out the melody in the music. I could tell tube and equipment changes much more readily than the Dynaco. Make sure to bias the tubes correctly, not by ear, and the pot is extremely touchy. If it hums, check the zener diode and resistor on the output transformer which are the first to go in a tube failure. Compared to other amps, it performs extremely well for the price with slight lacking in dynamics, dimension, top end, bass punch. Note that this is in direct comparison and would be less noticable upon general listening. I upgraded to the AMC 2100as, and found the 2030A to have a softer and lighter sound with less detail and less revealing for better or worse. Overall, you can't lose with the relaxed and quieter EL34 sound. For the price it's a definite 5/5. For all the amps I've owned, this is an easy 4.5/5. Since super high end users won't be looking at amps in this cheaper range, I'm basing my ratings on that.

Purchased At:   Echohifi.com

Submitted by vlad1456 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 28, 2005

Bottom Line:
I purchased a refurbished cvt2030 with the tube socket upgrade and new tubes for $415 from Retrodazeaudio.com. The cvt2030 replaced my Mccormack DNA-1. I also have owned a Jolida hybrid integrated in the past, and the AMC is superior. The sound is awesome for the price! The clarity and base are great (and it does not run super hot like other class A amps). This amp sounds better than the Mccormack DNA-1(I know, I am comparing a hybrid tube amp to a solid state amp), which was double the price. The cvt2030 is a class A hybrid amp which puts out 30 watts per channel into 8 ohms. Where else can you get a tubed class A amp anywhere near this price? Brent, the owner of Retrodazeaudio.com is a super person to deal with. You can get better tube amps, but they will cost you probably 3 times as much as the AMC CVT2030. My equipment is as follows: Amc CVT2030 amp, Tube Audio Design pre-amp, Micromega Stage 1 cd player, Arcam Alpha 8 AM/FM tuner, and JBL S38 speakers (90db efficiency). I hope this review was helpful.

Purchased At:   www.retrodazeaudio.c

Submitted by HeadbangBurkey a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 27, 2005

Bottom Line:
CvT2030- Purchased this amp on an impulse Ebay [buy it now], and it is one of the best purchases ever!I was shocked and amazed at the sound that came through my JBL 4311b's. 60 watts sounds like a GZillion out of these efficient monitors. No need for sub!I have a normal sized room and this thing puts plenty of super smooth power everywhere.Right now i am using a borrowed pre-amp but plan on purchasing an AMC unit to match! I cant believe I received an amp of this quality for $350!! Unbelievable. Brent at Retrodaze.com is the Man, and will hook you up! Rock On!

Purchased At:   Retrodazeaudio.com