AMC 2100 Amplifiers

4.38/5 (21 Reviews) MSRP : $500.00

stereo amplifier 100 watts per channel, 2 channel

Submitted by Ed P a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: June 3, 2014

Bottom Line:
Bought this amp off eBay for $50 with the left channel blown out. $20 in output transistors, I had it up and running. It's currently hooked up to a pair of Magnepan MGIIIa speakers and it plays loud with very good bass control. Very vivid in the high frequencies too. I really like this amp. People say it was designed by someone from NAD as it looks like an NAD but it doesn't have the same buttery sound. It's more like a Krell if you can believe that. Very detailed with super fast transients. I'll be keeping this little gem for a long time.

I also spent a few more bucks and replaced all the electrolytic capacitors on the output boards and the power supply board. Seemed to make the bass quicker and deeper with more overall detail as some of them were in the signal path. I'd buy this amp used for $250 without hesitation.

Submitted by Ian696 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 18, 2012

Bottom Line:
No idea on the product year but Damn I got a good deal.!! I go to garage sales on saterdays and this week I ran across this Amp.. The man said 10 bucks!! I looked because I have never heard of this brand before, I saw it could be bridged. had no clue of the ratings so said what the heck for 10 BUCKS ? I use the Advent marbles outside so i tried it out there switched it out with the Carver cube fired it up. No smoke so far so good haha went up on the volume and I was surprised as heck. i won't compare the 2 amps. But know that i have heard this I would pay mere if asked at a deferent sale.. the PDF user manuel was easy to get ant still much info out there on this amp..and also they are still in the game. if you ever see this amp 100 or less go for it !!

Submitted by psonic a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: June 4, 2006

Bottom Line:
One of the better values I've seen in audio. Partner this amp with good CD source and preamp and it will reward you. Do not judge quickly - it sounds lifeless initially - takes a bit to break in (100+ hrs). After break-in, I decided to try it in my main system. My dynaudio audience floorstanders showed this to be a very capable amp. Using a PS Audio Preamp and a good dac, it really shines. Excellent midrange, imaging and vocals with good bass and highs. In fact, after careful listening I decided I much prefer the AMC 2100 to the highly regarded Parasound HCA1000A. So for now it stays in the main system. This is a real sleeper of an audio gem. It also runs very cool, which is a big bonus in the summer. I may get another and bridge them. I can honestly say, if you're having issues with the sound, be sure to break it in and match it with good source and preamp - otherwise you are not hearing the amps true potential.

Submitted by earnhardtjr8 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 13, 2006

Bottom Line:
this amp is unreal im useing it to power my 2 700 watt car subs the lows are simply amazeingit will shake ur socks off i highly recomend this amp to anyone

Purchased At:   savinglots

Submitted by David a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 11, 2002

Bottom Line:
$208 on Yahoo - Shopping

Purchased At:   Yahoo Shopping